How do I get over my EX-Girlfriend,The one I loved, treated like a princess and was lied too :(?

**How do I get over my EX-Girlfriend,The one I treated like a princess,and the one that broke my heart in 2.I did everything for her run her baths with petal roses with beautiful candles and music.When she was on her period got her ben and jerrys ice cream and magazines and took her out to dinner and SO much more...

**And she went behind my back talking to her ex's and lying to me.I have this annoying urge to look at her Facebook profile but I need to stop and I really NEED to get over her!.Please give me advice,I feel so sad after 12 days of breaking up still and she seems likes she's doing great on Facebook! :(

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• how long have you been together. if its only for a mere few months I can understand this situation. girls aren't like guys. they don't fall in love/ infatuation. it takes time for them to develop into loving you and giving you their loyalty. she probably hadn't had the chance to fall in love with you yet. I was in your ex girlfriend situation before. I didn't fall in love with my current ex boyfriend until about 9-12 months. before that I never took him seriously. would talk to guys on fcbk etc and literally was not attatched to him emotionally at all like if we were to break up I would be fine. but he was like you after like a month was obsessed and in love with me and did all those things you are mentioning.

if I was you I would get out quickly. she is keeping her options open. not committing herself properly to you. maybe she has been hurt in psat and is scared to attatch herself. maybe she thinks she is settling with you and doesn't want to commit herself to you. either way even if she does "want you back" run run FAR AWAY. this behavior of hers won't change for a long time.

and I have had my heartbroken before and felt absolutely hopeless like you. there is really no revenge or nothing you can do. as cliche as it sounds you literally have to just get over them. the best revenge is to be happy and move on because when you do you just don't care for revenge or them anymore and that feels amazing. not saying you won't laways love them but thinking of them won't change your mood. you need to not speak to her for a long time. cut contact. don't give her the satisfaction of getting to speak to you when she misses you or is lonely. its tough but you literally have to pretend she is dead for a while. you have to force yourself to move on. even though every part of you wishes you could have her. MOVE ON.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Okay she sounds like your first love

SO here is the thing give yourself 2 days to obsesses about her

stalk her on fb you can even give her a call/text or two within that time

She will either react nice to you- she is faking it or completely cold- she is not interested

Then delete her from fb, twitter, wherever your phone all the pictures

Then feed into your emotions , let it out ( I found journalizing very beneficial)

then learn to love yourself day by day it really helps; because then you will see you deserve better, you are not missing out on anything, why would you want to be with anyone who lies & cheats anyway?

You WILL someday find someone better

Also write down the bad qualities she had that you noticed but stuck up with it and state why you did that.

Then write down how its affecting you now & your plans for dealing with it in future.

What you are going through is a heartbreak and it happens but the best thing to do is deal with it and then move on because you are a survivor not a victim

I had mines umm 3 months ago. I was really bitter for the first month by 7-8 weeks I was good. You won't forget the good/ bad times you just accept it, learn form it and move. Sorry you are hurting but it will make you stronger.

I read this article from a GAG user that helped me a lot. I will see if I can find it and post it here. She was Christian and referred to God quite a few times but it helps. I read it everyday for a week and I am good now

1|0
    0|0
    • This is the article

link

P.S. after that two days of obsessing about her leave her alone, forget whether she is doing great or not its no longer your concern. Your focus should be shifted on you, you are responsible for yourself not her.

• I know how you feel, I just went through a bad breakup with my ex boyfriend and all I can really say is that it's gonna be hard for a little bit. Try hanging out with other girls that are your friends and then it will at least be easier to get her off your mind. Then you'll really start to feel better after a bit. Heck, you might even start to like someone else!

I hope I helped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone seems like they're doing great on Facebook. Just assure yourself that you can post whatever you want on there and that doesn't mean she's happy at all. Just don't bother with her anymore and move on. It's hard but it's better that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • she's a liar-that's enough of a reason for you to be glad it's over. you lost something you're better off without.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's called life lessons and growing pains. Everyone goes through it; the strong ones rise above it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Maybe you shouldn't be such a pushover like doing everything she asks. Appreciating her is good, but it looks like she is taking advantage of your generosity. Try this approach give her your ultimatum and let her know how you feel, where you stand, how it hurt you for her to do those awful things that she did , and if their inst any improvement in these facets than it isn't worth your time or energy you can easily find a more appealing, prettier girl than her that may sincerely appreciate you, and your efforts. But don't ever over do what they deserve give only what you can, to expect the same back.

1|1
    0|0
  • Delete her number, delete any pictures, get rid of anything that reminds you of her. Block her on Facebook so you're not tempted to look at her profile. I know it's hard & it hurts a lot, but the only way you'll get over her is if you cut all ties with her. Then after a while you'll find that you barely even think of her anymore. It does take time til you're not thinking of her that much but you will get there. Also hang out with your friends, or go out & do anything to keep you busy so you're not at home all day thinking & thinking. You deserve someone who is going to appreciate you & test you just as good as you treat her.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe you weren't as great as you thought you were

1|0
    2|5
    • How could anyone be great when we are around pathetic insulting girls like you.

• Show All
    • I thought you wanted an honest answer, isn't that why you're here? My opinion is you probably weren't as great as you thought, if you were then she wouldn't have left you. My intentions were good but clearly you get offended too easily, could be another reason why she just wasn't that into you.

• It's funny how 7 people disagree with you...And only one agrees with you...Probably yourself haha.

Shouldn't you be getting your breasts fix instead of being on here? ;)

• Find a nice innocent girl and treat her ilke sh*t.

1|1
    3|0
  • nothing you can do so its best to move on...

1|0
    0|0
  • I know it hurts. Really, I know. I'm in the same scenario. I treated my ex great and he dumped me. He started sleeping with a friend, almost immediately, after we broke up. She ended up telling me about it. He couldn't man up and tell me what a piece of crap he is.

First thing you need to do, realize you are a great catch and she didn't deserve you. Next, block her from Facebook. Delete her number and get rid (or store) and reminders of her. That will help you cope. As far as thinking about it, do something constructive. Can you guess what I'm doing to cope? Yep. I'm on this helping others. It still may remind me of him, but I find it helps. Get back into a hobby that you couldn't focus on while in the relationship. Do something she doesn't like. Example: You like adventure and she only likes reading about it, go surfing or zip lining. You're single now. Enjoy the world around you. Life goes on and so we must we.

Best of luck!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Before you get over it...you need to MAKE SURE you can look back and identify the subtle things she said and did that lead to her leaving. These little hints are called red flags. Everyone puts up red flags if they're losing interest in a relationship. Some red flags are obvious...others are very subtle. In the land of red flags...even little things turn into big things later.

You need to make sure you learn what her red flags were...what your mistakes were, and how to better watch for red flags next time, and be better yourself in the future. Once you answer and understand all of this, the get over part is pretty basic. Sooner you find another princess, the better. Next time...don't treat the girl like a princess until she is well deserving...which in most cases is 6 mos into the relationship, when you can begin to trust her. In the early stages...treat the future one like a lady.

You sound way way too nice...which likely helped drive her away. Everyone likes being treated well, but it sounds like you went way too far. Just because she's your gf...doesn't mean you should stop allowing her the ability to chase you sometimes. Never stop being a challenge...all the way from dating through marriage...always always be a challenge to women, in one way or another, and in varying degrees.

0|1
    0|0
    • While I agree with identifying the issues in the relationship, he may over analyze it. I know my red flags. Less affection, distracted, and seemed a bit withdrawn. Probably because he was talking to someone else. I treated my ex great. Besides the red flags, everything was the same routine. Maybe that was problem? I don't know. At this point, I don't care. It's time to move on. I agree, make them earn those sweet gestures. Otherwise you WILL get take advantaged of. Lesson learned here.

• i agree noting the "red flags" is a smart practice in preparing and learning for future relationships but I don't think he necessarily has to do that before he can move on or that he even should do that before moving on. It may be tough to deal with mulling over the minutiae of a relationship while you are still sort of in pain from it. So I agree recognizing red flags and signs is smart, I don't think it HAS to be done before one moves on

• I want him to learn from his mistakes and learn to read the warning signs earlier before falling in love, becoming a servant and then getting his heart broke. A wise soldier analyzes and learns from one battle before entering the next.

• not sure how long you two were together but it takes a while. especially when you feel like you've put everything into a relationship. I've often heard that it takes as long as you were together to fully get over someone, and to some extent I feel like that is true. some have related it to the stages dealing with death (denial, anger, bargaining, etc), which also might be true

I was with a girl for 2-years and like you felt like I did everything abotu as good as I could. I was even prepared to ask her to marry me when I found out she cheated on me. It took about 2months before I was simply sad (and to some extent depressed), then it took about another 5-6months to no longer be mad at her. it probably took 12-18 months fullly get over it like to the point where I didn't really think about it. So I think you can expect to feel upset but know that in stages you will start to feel better.

I'd say lean on your friends and family. they will remind you exactly how great you are and life can be despite feeling heartbroken. My friends were my salvation after I broke up. I felt like the reassured me of who I was, that I needed to not blame myself but feel lucky that I at least got out of a crummy relationship, etc.

good luck. I've been there and know it's tough, but be strong and know it wil get better.

0|0
    0|0
  • She didn't care about you, and what you need to do is not care about HER. Never look on her Facebook, avoid her friends, don't talk about her with YOUR friends.

Go to some new places; learn new things, join common interest clubs..travel if you can.

Fill up your life, make yourself into someone new as quickly as you can!

0|0
    0|0
  • There will be someone who will treat you better. There's ALWAYS someone who will treat you better and always someone better and when you find that person you'l put away the memories of this person and be in love with someone new and better.

She's replaceable with someone better.

0|0
    0|0
  • build a bridge and get over it.

go find happiness with yourself, know you are a nice caring guy and you will me a nice girl who will appreciate your generosity. it will happen when you least expect it.

oh and maybe find the fine line between being a wuss and being really nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know how it feels like bro... Il tell you what I did, which helped me:) take a photograph of her and burn it and flush it down the toilet and think that you are flushing her out of your life. And just stop thinking about her, even the good moments. You deserve better and there are lots of awesome girls out there, who will cherish and love you for what you are:) just flush her out of your mind and life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Who broke up with who and why? Did she cheat or just communicate w/her ex's? Maybe an ex or two are from her social circle and it's expected that their friendly relationship would continue!?

As for lying; maybe she did care about you and she thought telling you she still had a platonic (friends only, non-sexual) relationship w/her ex would hurt you and she was trying to spare you?

Also, as someone mentioned in another response, depending on how long the relationship lasted maybe you were a bit too lovey/dovey and smothering?

Anyway, you can try to woo her back, but take the signs she sends literally and act accordingly. If she's lost interest just lift your chin, smile and move-on.

Do not obsess over this. It's going to happen again in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • This probably mostly applies to you.

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=-0Fprus1YCg

Watch it, listen to it, cut contact and stop giving a f*ck about that treacherous bitch.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, don't ever treat another woman like this again. They love it at first, and then they lose respect for you over it.

Recommended myTakes