Do I still have a shot at getting my ex-gf back?

So short story my ex broke up with me a year ago. We didn't talk or hang for a month. She called me out of the blue. We slowly talked and eventually started hanging out. During this time she would act very loving and then bitter. I made it a point not to initiate any physical actions (sex). In January we started having sex again. Now, she never had a high sex drive. Which is okay with me. We had sex roughly the same amount as when we were dating roughly 2-8 times a month. Now, as of June I stopped the sex. I guess I am growing up and want more than that. Also, throughout this whole time we have talked every day usually multiple times per day. When we are out together she often holds on to me. She also flirts with me by calling me little pet names and wearing outfits I like. Also, she started crying last weekend about the thought of losing me if we start dating other people. I took that last part as she's ready to move on. However, a few days later she got really jealous that I was hanging out with another female friend.

Also, she does call/text constantly through out the day. She calls me when she's running errands, when she wakes up, when she's sad, about to go to bed, bored, etc. She also makes an effort to come up to my house every week which is about 2 hours roundtrip. Also, I've been on a lot of dates and none of them have panned out. I don't believe in gd but I think it's a sign to focus on her and not d*** around. However, whenever I bring up getting back together she tells me that she can't handle a relationship right now because she is overwhelmed with school and the fact that she feels inferior because she doesn't have a career. Mind you I am 3 years older, successful, and she often feels the need to make EVERYTHING a competition.

I gave myself until the December 31st to get back together. I figure on that day I will make one last effort to have an us and if it doesn't pan I will go about removing her from my life. I love her, I really do. I am there for her more than I probably should be. I'd walk through hell for her. I praise her, encourage her, and love her despite her pitfalls. We have a great connection, deep understanding for one another, and just a true love for each other. She's on anti-depressants, comes from a family that lacks love, and second guesses EVERYTHING. Well, sorry for the rambling but hope someone can give me some pointers or something.

Thank you!

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't get back with her. But I know you won't listen. You'll need to learn the hard way.