How to get over the realization that your relationship was a sham...

Doesn't everyone feel this way when they've been dumped? Especially because you know that your ex had been planning on dumping you for weeks or months and was pretending to still care about you. It makes it feel like your whole relationship was phony and just a way for them to kill time until they met someone better.

How do you coped with these feelings

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Realize that their rejection is not a reflection of you - and move on to someone better.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I've had this happen to me and I've seen people do it to others. It doesn't in the slightest mean that your relationship was a sham. It's just a result of someone losing feelings for the other during some point in the relationship. Usually it kinda starts in denial and don't have the courage to end the relationship or talk with you about how they are feeling. So they will slowly detach over the course of weeks or a couple months until they no longer have feelings or aren't afraid to be by them selves.

Yes it is kinda like putting you in the back pocket, but it's also because they were afraid to be on their own. It sucks because as the dumpee you can get blind sided and it hits a lot harder. Where as the dumper has had time to come to terms with the fact that they are going to be alone and are ready to break up.

But your relationship was not phony in any means. It's just the other person not knowing how to break up with you.

Hope this helped.

0|0
    0|0
    • Anyone who would lead you on while they looked for a new partner did not care about you, I think.

• I don't think that anyone's sig other is just looking for new partners while still being together. Their eye's might start to wander when their relationship is going downhill. It's not intentional it's natural. Usually at that point is when they need to have a serious conversation with their boyfriend/girlfriend or break up with them. Usually just mean's it's time to break up, I wouldn't say they don't care about you though.

• It's selfish as hell.

What Girls Said 1

• Try to be aware of your thoughts.. when negative thoughts start creeping in, tell yourself to stop. It's hard, but you can do it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes