Should I have kissed my ex-girlfriend?

Hi Everyone,

My ex had ended things with me about 2 months ago because she "wasnt at the same point I was" I was totally in love and ready to give everything to this girl. So we went through the normal stages of a breakup. No communication for a while, slowly starting to creep back into each others lives. We have a lot of the same friends/work together so its tough sometimes.

I recently discovered she had started seeing someone else. Not officially dating but hanging out a lot, sleeping together etc. I think its a good thing that we both see what else is out there. But at the same time we have been getting closer and closer into each others lives again. I Haven't initiated a thing, talking, hanging out etc.

So last night for the first time in two months she invites me over at around 10pm. We chatted, had some food and of course some wine. I wanted to kiss her the entire time but I didn't. I didn't want to undermine her current relationship (which she knows I know about through mutual friends but we've never discussed) and I don't want to move too fast when this is the first time we've hung out in months.

I put my arm around her for a bit when we were watching TV. Laid down with here in bed, rubbed her back, she was falling asleep. I kissed her on the cheek before she passed out and left.

Did I do the right thing?

11