Should I have kissed my ex-girlfriend?

Hi Everyone,

My ex had ended things with me about 2 months ago because she "wasnt at the same point I was" I was totally in love and ready to give everything to this girl. So we went through the normal stages of a breakup. No communication for a while, slowly starting to creep back into each others lives. We have a lot of the same friends/work together so its tough sometimes.

I recently discovered she had started seeing someone else. Not officially dating but hanging out a lot, sleeping together etc. I think its a good thing that we both see what else is out there. But at the same time we have been getting closer and closer into each others lives again. I Haven't initiated a thing, talking, hanging out etc.

So last night for the first time in two months she invites me over at around 10pm. We chatted, had some food and of course some wine. I wanted to kiss her the entire time but I didn't. I didn't want to undermine her current relationship (which she knows I know about through mutual friends but we've never discussed) and I don't want to move too fast when this is the first time we've hung out in months.

I put my arm around her for a bit when we were watching TV. Laid down with here in bed, rubbed her back, she was falling asleep. I kissed her on the cheek before she passed out and left.

Did I do the right thing?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• yea you should have went for it!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't invade her relationship so don't worry. I know it's hard when you have feelings still for an ex girlfriend because I'm in the same boat as you. You said you wanted to kiss her because you want her back whether you want to believe me or not. I haven't said a word to my ex in almost 2 weeks and I'm ready to write her a lengthy email and tell her I miss her. Granted, if I saw her, I'd want to kiss her, hug her and then have sex with her. That's just me. I think you should avoid bringing up getting back together or any of that unless she does. Do you think you still have feelings? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Let me know what you think.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes