How do I get my ex back? Please help!!

My ex and I broke up 3 weeks ago. He initiated the break up by saying he felt he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he felt he couldn't make me happy when he couldn't make himself happy. I have a feeling he is depressed because he is out of a 5 year relationship as of February. We were together 3 months. Anyways, I asked him if he wanted to break up and he didn't know, but he kept saying things like that over a week's time, so I ended things. I didn't want to, but I felt forced to by him.

There was nothing wrong with our relationship. He even said it was the best he has ever had and he has never had someone care about him as much as I did.

Since the break up, he has been texting me about every other day. I was letting him initiate things. I slowly began to text him too. We spoke on the phone for the first time last week and he said he wanted to talk about things and possibly swing by to do so. The next day he basically fell off the face of the earth. He has been really distant this past week and I've only heard from him twice. One time he was mad at me because he thought I was talking to his mom.

After the break up, his mom said she would be there for support if I ever needed someone to talk to. So I took her up on that offer and we were messaging on Facebook quite often. Nothing bad was said and you could clearly tell that I was upset about the break up and that we both cared about him.

Well my ex began to use his mom's laptop this past week, and we think that he may have seen the conversation between his mom and I. We are not sure how much he has seen or knows. But he has been acting really mean towards his mom and distant towards me.

I haven't texted him the past couple of days to give him space, but I am so afraid that by me talking with his mom has ruined our chances of getting back together.

What should I do? How do I win my ex back after this mess?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• well you or the mother should've discussed what would happen in the even the guy found out you two were talking. It actually seems rather irresponsible for him mom to behave this way. It's nice (and special) that she feels so close to you that she'd want to help. But as the guy I understand his sense of betrayment finding out his mother is kind of (on both sides). The mom probably should've let the guy know, or known better than get involved.

I think you need to talk to the guy about what you and the mother were talking about. He probably feels like stuff is going on behind his back and is feeling betrayed or possibly like he may being manipulated. I would just explain your reasons for communicating with his mother

typically once a relationship is over it's over (like probably 70% of teh time). However it did seem like he was moving towards getting back together. However it does seem like hearing about his mother's involvement has probably blurred his feelings.

An apology and explanation would help things. Perhaps he could understand you and the mother's motives if you explained. Or he could just feel to angry and betrayed

• Yeah, you are right. I had no idea that it would be a bad thing if he found out. It was mostly just her asking how I was, I told her how I was and said things like, "I wonder what's going through his head" and she freely offered information on how he's been, what he's been doing etc. BUT, I'm not sure if he saw the actual message or if he just has his suspicions. We have already broken up for the same reason before and got back together. There is just something so magnetic about this man.

• How are you so sure he still has feelings for me? He has barely talked to me the past week :( Doesn't that mean he is pulling away?

• but he was talking to you prior to finding out about the convos with the mom, and seemed to obviously still care for you. if he had no feelings he would have just sort of no worried about it. He's pulled away a bit but I think it's because he's probably feeling a little hurt that he felt like stuff was going on behind his back