Would you take someone back after they cheated?

If someone cheated on you and you found out and dumped them, and they begged for you to forgive them, and to get back together? What would you do?

• Take them back
  • Not take them back

2012

Most Helpful Guy

• Ill give my own personal experience. About a year and a half in to my current relationship (going on 4 years now) I guess me and my girlfriend were having problems. She met another guy and I told told me she wanted a break because she was unsure of her feelings. Long story short, about a week into the "break" she came to me crying saying she had got with him and she instantly regretted it. She was completely forthcoming and told me everything. It was tough at first. We don't get back together right away but we worked through it and wound up getting back together. Even though it was technically a break I still considered it cheating because she met the guy while we were together, and we still talked during the break. It hurt like hell and I dealt with a lot of issues but I'm happy I worked it out

So from my experience. First, the Cheater has to be completely honest. For trust to be re-established there can be no lies, no hidden details. No secrets. Secondly, they should be fully committed to doing whatever it takes to earn you back. No getting upset at the person if they need to ask something, no being impatient with them. Also, they need to give you whatever space you need

Of course, all of it still may not be enough. It's up to you in the end. If you feel like its not worth it, or you can't trust again than don't try to work it out. I think a lot of people may call me, or anyone else who made my decision, ey may call me a p****, or gutless or whatever. But I think it takes a lot of guts to not really fear what people will think of you, and to take a shot at trusting the person again. It takes guts to not just do what's expected of you and instead do what makes you happy

Hope this helps. Good luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You are a fool imo. Shoulda never taken the ho back. She's probably not going to be faithful in the future and likely hasn't. I don't see how you trust her now. But, whatever, your life.