I feel guilty about moving out?

My grandmother raised me since I was pretty much born. I've lived with her for ~22 years. I've decided it's time that I move out. I will be moving 2 hours away with my boyfriend of 3 years. However, my grandma keeps saying phrases like, "I'll probably lose it when you leave.. its hard to raise a kid, then see them leave. I don't know if I can handle this." I want to move and start living my life, but I don't want to leave my grandmas side either. I feel very guilty leaving... is this normal? What should I do? =\

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• you know the modern model is telling us we have to make a life of our own. how humans have existed for tens of thousands of years has always been three generations under one roof. the old taking care of the young, and the able bodied taking care of both. I don't think you should feel like a bad person or anything but if she gets sick you have a duty to protect her as she protected you. I'm about to be 27 years old and I'm moving back in with my mom because she got laid off. I can't afford her mortgage and my rent as well as individual expenses for the lot of us. I do think you are in a pickle and you should consider all options

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's not your fault to move out. You're not leaving her behind. You can still come see her. On the other hand, it takes time for your grandma to adapt to this new situtation when you're no longer living with her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes