Needed advice on reopening communication with my ex.

The back story:Three months ago, we ended our 3 year relationship due to his taking a job in another state. We were already having trouble and decided it was probably the best solution to our seemingly failing relationship.

I haven't felt right about the break-up and have stopped myself many times from calling him. Yesterday however I found myself emailing him to see how he was doing with his move and he admitted to missing me. We have decided to talk and see where it leads but I have no idea how to best do this given the distance?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I just did the same exact thing. I think you should set some ground rules with him and tell him you want to remain friends. I'm sure you miss him too, but LDR don't usually work out. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I say set these rules because think about it this way. You really aren't any different other than the fact that you no longer hold the title of dating. You're still the same people and still the same friends so why let that change. That has helped me and I hope it can help you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should talk and see where things lead. Everyone isn't disciplined enough to do LDRs but you don't know until you experience it for yourself and you can't not do it just because other people say it doesn't work based on their personal experiences or what they've heard. If y'all are that important to each other I think it's worth pursuing and giving it a shot. If it doesn't work out then at least you'll know and won't have to go on wondering "what if".

0|0
    0|0
  • don't give up hope, don't over think, my friend has been in a long distance relationship for a year! and there still very happy (:

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes