Do you believe in second chances?

Let's say your boyfriend or girlfriend cheated on you, lied to you, and just flat out broke your trust. Would you give them a second chance?

This is just me, but I don't believe in second chances. You break my trust and you will never get it back. I've severed friendships with guys and broken up with girls because of them screwing me over. Overall, now once a person does me wrong I'm done with them for good and won't give them a second chance. I know you will say "you're not perfect." That's true, but I don't break damage people's trust ever.

I barely trust people as a whole. Nobody is loyal anymore, and that's why I don't want to take risks on forming friendships with women and men. I don't even want a girlfriend because I can't trust women. The women and men I trust are the ones in my family. Do you believe in second chances? Yes or no?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That depends on you. There are some relationships where the couple grew stronger from infidelity. There are too many factors to give a definitive answer.

IF you could not ever forgive a person than absolutely don't bother getting burned twice. If you're the type of person who could forgive than go for it. Just remember 'mess me over once shame on you, twice shame on me'.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I believe in second chances. I'm very forgiving. The point where I permanently lose my trust, I think, is around the tenth or fifteenth chance. No one has ever used that many chances except my father, and while I keep him in my life, I've decided he will never be unsupervised around my children.

1|2
    0|0
    • You're a way better person than me. I'm not the forgiving kind at all.

• no...i might not cut that person out of my life forever, but I'd always be wary of them and remember that they haven't always been honest or loyal to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I firmly believe in second chances. Human beings are flawed creatures-we f***ed ourselves on that one when Adam and Eve did wrong. Mistakes can and will happen. Trust is hard to regain, but how can you learn to love again if you don't tear down the brick walls that turn people off?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in second chances, but I don't distrust all people because of that. I've been betrayed plenty of times, but there have been people who stuck around when I needed them. I will trust a person until they give me reason to stop doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • no it's been proven people usually never learn their lesson the first time

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on whtat the person has done towards me.

I cut people off.

I have a two strikes rule after all chances are exhausted then you are cut off because by then our relationship is irreparable.

I look at people's wrong doing towards me as a burning bridge. If I am standing on a bridge that suddenly catches a fire. Logic will state to get off it, I can either run or walk but I have to get off in order to save myself the damage that the bridge's fire can potentially do to me or already has.

I say this to say that if something is not good for you leave it alone, do not try to fix it. people are who they are. It's either you accept them for who they are or just move away from them.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I know they can be trusted then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • for my situation, no, but I'm sure for some people it works.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't be the same..and once that trust is gone, for me it's gone forever. No matter how hard I tried, I know it would always be in the back of my mind, or I'd be spiteful and bring it up during an argument. It woulnd't be the same and so in this case, no I don't believe in them. I'd still keep em in my life (after time has passed and people have moved on) but I'd find someone who could be trusted and keep my trust.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Possibly. We do have 15 years and two kids. It's not fair to my kids to grow up without a dad.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on if they are sincere or not.

if so, maybe. if not, then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure...I believe in 2nd chances except 2nd chances in the romantic lover arena. When this type of relationship is compromised, its in everyones best interests to go their separate ways. You can forgive them, and all that...but attempting to try and go back to the way things were before? No..you can never go back.

Your inability to trust is something you need to talk to a therapist about.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes