I need advice please, On how to get over my EX-Girlfriend that broke my heart :-(

This girl I treated like a princess,and the one that broke my heart in 2.I did everything for her run her baths with petal roses with beautiful candles and music,Gave her,her own space.When she was on her period got her ben and jerrys ice cream and magazines and took her out to dinner and SO much more...

I'm the first ex-boyfriend she blocked,She never blocked the other ex-boyfriends on Facebook and these guys lied to her and cheated on her.I broke up with her for lying to me and going behind my back and I said to her it's best if we don't talk anymore.

2 weeks later she blocked me and her brother is telling people that I treated her horrible when he KNOWS and SAW me treat her like a queen and it's annoying me so much! I need advice please :( Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok D.M. listen up! All the fluff and puff about "moving on" is great, but I bet your wondering HOW?

I wouldn't go so far as to say "cut off your emotions" like Croutons, but giving it a good think isn't a bad idea.

If you are the only boyfriend she has ever blocked and you made it known to her that you were breaking up because she lied to you and was going behind your back, then she probably knows she is guilty and can't face you. It is OK for her to feel like this. Hopefully it makes her a better person in the future. Ignore her brother. Your actions will speak for you. DON'T fight with him, it will make you look like the bad guy. He isn't acting like a man so you should and that could mean ignoring his immature behavior.

If your going to date in the future, let me give you some advice about the whole princess bit. Treating a woman well is necessary (and she should reciprocate the effort in kind), but let's make a distinction here. There is a difference between treating a girl like a lady and treating her like a princess. Treating her like a lady means that you acknowledge the fact she is different than you are and that she has womanly needs. A lady knows when to ask for help and when to do things for herself. Treating a girl like a princess all the time doesn't necessarily designate you as her prince or knight in shining armor. Save treating a girl like a princess when she acts like one. To use your description, a girl getting her period every month doesn't make her a princess. You seriously brought her ice-cream because she was on her period? Every month?! That's basically asking her to treat you like a doormat. If she can't take care of herself on her period, she needs to see a doctor, not one named Ben & Jerry's. Your wonderful gestures unfortunately turned into an everyday expectation for her. I'm truly sorry this happened to you, but in the future you may want to be a bit more reserved when it comes to treating her like a princess.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• It hurts,but the only thing you can do is move on,don't let anything that has to do with her bother you. When you start thinking about her or things involving her,get up and do something. Make something,write,run,walk,anything. It won't hurt forever,I promise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so sorry this happened to you, heartbreak sucks but know that plenty of people have been in your shoes and they over came this sucky bump in the road. There is a girl out there who will appreciate all of those wonderful things you did for her. It'll hurt for a bit but try to take your mind off it. Play some 360, go to the gym, go on a run, hang out with the guys and find an awesome girl that will make you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly just get back out there make new female friends remember your worth have fun have good laughs one day at a time it will get better first few months may be tough but you remind yourself its for the best

0|0
    0|0
  • you can't do anything about it. You should return the favour by blocking her in FB and forget you ever met her in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • - She's probably upset or sad.. but if she was a bad girlfriend, you dumped her and wanted to cut contact, why does this matter? Were you Facebook stalking her or something?

- Treating her like a "princess" does not entitle you to thinking she owes you something, I'm afraid. To be honest, being nice for the purpose of expecting something in return comes as a form of manipulation in my radar.

- The part about her brother saying stuff about you treating her bad... now that's a nasty thing you certainly don't deserve. Depending on the person, it can be a common thing for the dumpee to be upset and see/say lies in order to have something to blame at. Try not to take those words seriously. If it really bugs you, the people you have in common could outspeak him or report his page.

If possible, try slowly letting it go. It's healthier for you that way. If everything is said and done, there's no need to dwell on it. Just take it easy, take your time to heal and move on (:

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 4

• not every girl wants to be constantly treated like a queen. if what you say is true, you probably tried to hard.

maybe I'm wrong, but whatever the case is, she wasn't happy with you. and that effort of being superboyfriend isn't worth being used on a girl who won't appreciate it, or appreciate you. move on, find a rebound and get yourself back in the game

0|0
    0|0
  • This is not about your ex girlfriend. It's about you. You need to be aware that acting like a clingy needy guy isn't how it's done.

You're saying that since you did so much for her that she owes you. Start your healing process with the extremes.

Learn how to quiet your mind through some sort of meditation and on the opposite end, start exercising. Do something physical to get tension out of your system. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • No contact. No accidental run ins. Absolutely Nothing. You'll see, you'll get over it with time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh man! First get over this 'nice guy syndrome' you sissy! And then learn to forget someone unworthy!

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes