How do you break the touch barrier with a girl?

I'm great with socializing and talking to girls I'm interested but I'm always hesitant to break the touch barrier. How serious is it when a guy does that? Like say you and a new guy you recently met were on a date, hanging out, or spending any time together alone and he started getting really interested in you. Then he tried to hold your hand or something could that scare you away if you didn't want to play along? Or would it be just fine as long as he accepted your response to it?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• You should start first by touching her shoulder or arm during conversation, like you're trying to make a point. After doing that a few times, you can grab her hand etc. Just don't touch her thighs unless you've been flirting a lot that day and you're having an intimate moment..