Have you ever cheated?

I saw a question earlier asking if you would cheat, if you knew for sure you wouldn't get caught. I couldn't believe the results, almost everyone said they wouldn't, and as much cheating happens that's just not possible. So I'm asking have you ever cheated? How many times? Why? Please no judging people, and if you're going to answer be open and honest.
Updates:
I guess I should answer my own question. Yes I have, I can't really say for sure how many times, because I don't really remember if I cheated as a teenager, but I did cheat once as an adult, I was with my girlfriend for about a year and a half at the time, I went out of town for work my boss took the whole crew out buying all the drinks I got wasted faces, and woke up the next morning next to this big ol healthy broad. I felt horrible about it and never told her because it truly was a mistake.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Who would expose themselves if they had? You may as well be asking if someone's ever committed murder or molested their siblings.

0|0
    2|1
    • Well it's not quite that bad, you can't go to prison for cheating.

• Show All
    • Oh no it wasn't a mistake, that's the best answer. People aren't going to be honest about that. I just wasn't sure if it would save it as the best answer because I didn't see anything happen when I checked the box, but I guess it did.

• Oh, heh, well that's kind of embarrassing. >_> Yes, when you tick the box, it stays.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• No and I never will. I have been cheated on before and it hurts like hell. I would never want anyone to experience the kind of pain I went through because of something I did. Plus, if you were considering cheating then you should just be mature about it and break it off before it ever comes to that. You should have enough respect for the person that you are with to let them go before you would cause them more harm. I understand what happened to you and that you didn't mean to do it. I don't judge you because sometimes we all drink to much and do things we regret. Mistakes happen, we're humans. But I still believe that you should have been honest with the girl because she even though she would've been hurt she would have still been able to try and get over it because you cared enough about her to be honest with her. Cheating is a mistake in itself but not telling your partner about it is a bigger mistake, in my opinion. Again, I don't judge you. I know that you didn't want to hurt her because of a mistake you made, but I believe it could have made your relationship stronger because of your honesty. If my boyfriend was in this situation I would have wanted him to tell me because I would have wanted that respect from him. Just my thought. && Again, no judgment here, just voicing my opinion.

Also, I believe that cheating constitutes as doing anything sexually with another person while in a committed relationship and deleting text messages/emails/social media stuff from the opposite sex because you don't want your partner to know. Once you notice yourself deleting messages from other people so your partner doesn't find out, you already cheated.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can't cheat by keeping your privacy. That's like saying if you have a thought and don't share it you're cheating. That's referring to the text email thing. Nobody should be checking those anyway. That's kind of intrusive. As far as telling her was a bigger mistake, I don't think so. I mean really you say telling someone you cheated on them will make a relationship stronger? Not at all it will only bring anger, and mistrust. By the way after the relationship I found out she cheated A LOT lol

• Everyone has their own opinions, I respect yours and I hope you can respect mine. With the privacy thing, to me, it's like if you're texting someone things you shouldn't and then delete them specifically so that your partner doesn't see them, I feel like they are "mentally" cheating. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Again, we just have a difference of opinion.

Yes, I do believe it could make the relationship stronger. Trust and honesty are highly important in any relationship. If it was

• Truly a mistake then I would be able to forgive my boyfriend. It may take a while and I might've gotten angry or upset at first but I'd remember that he was being honest with me. Just how I feel. && That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

• I never have cheated on anyone, but I can see that it's more complicated than it seems. I think most people don't say to themselves "if I ever get the chance to, I'm going to cheat on my boyfriend". I don't think it works like that. It's not that simple, it seems. I think it's something you just sort of fall into when you're unhappy with your relationship for whatever reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never cheated. I'e only dated one guy for 11 months and even after I fell out of love with him, cheating didn't even cross my mind. I really don't understand why people cheat. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope and I never will even if I had the opportunity to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never cheated on my significant other. However I have been the other woman in 2 different relationships. The lust honestly is what fueled me but eventually the guilt got to me and I haven't done it since. I

0|0
    0|0
  • No I have not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. This will sound very bad.. I kissed two other guys who really liked me while I was one year into my relationship with my current (first) boyfriend who I've now been with for 3 years.

Both instances were premeditated. They only happened once with each guy, and I cut the guy off immediately after it happened. I was not really attracted to the personalities of either of the guys, but they were physically attractive. My reasons for doing it however were based on the fact that I was not emotionally satisfied with our relationship at the time. I acknowledge that this is not a good reason.

One of them looked a lot like the first guy I liked that I reallyyyy liked but rejected me 1.5 years previous to when it happened. He flaunted being lazy and acted arrogant, just liked the guy I liked...except worse. He's always been nice to me, but those qualities have always disgusted me. I was surprised that someone who looked like that would be so enamored of me, and let myself believe that we were just friends. He kept asking me to hang out however, kept trying to hold my hand in class, and eventually he made a move on me...and I didn't take preventive measures.

The second one was also amazingly attractive, but in a different way. I was always this shy introverted nerd in high school, but daydreamed about all the athletes like the rest of the girls. He was dazzlingly attractive and an athlete. This guy had a long distance girlfriend who PDAed all over his FB wall every other day. He'd been in a relationship as long as I have and is still with her. But he started asking for study help, wanted to hang out more, and eventually started texting me how he really liked me and wanted to kiss me. One day after an exam, he walked me back to my dorm room and I let him kiss me. I later learned he cheated (and got caught) on that test and I've since decided he's also pretty disgusting.

Both of these instances were anticlimatic and within a period of about 3 months. I had just started college, felt very insecure, and though my boyfriend was at the same school...he had made several serious/joking remarks that really hurt my feelings. For example, had this habit of saying he'd meet me for dinner...so I'd wait...and wait...and then find out about an hour after we were supposed to go that he'd already gone with his friends. I got really mad but didn't want to seem clingy, so one night this happened yet again, and I again waited for 2 hours after we agreed to go. I asked him to just not promise anything at all, because it was rude, but he then spun it around and said I needed to "get a hobby" and not wait for him.

He thought it was a joke, but this really offended me, and I didn't say anything. I just gave him an evil eye and responded to his texts with one word answers . He never apologized and to make him appreciate me, cheating was how I got over my insecurity.

My boyfriend and I are happy/honest/communicate now and plan to marry. I regret cheating

0|0
    0|1
  • No I haven't. But what is cheating anyway?

0|0
    0|0
    • Cheating is when you're in a commited relationship with one person, and you do something of a sexual nature with someone other than the person you are in a relationship with.

What Guys Said 5

• Not at all but I've been cheated on. This is why I have trust and commitment issues now. I know I should be over it by now but I just don't want to go through the pain again. I'm very emotional so having this happen takes a toll on me. Cheating/infidelity is something I despise greatly. If someone cheats on me, I will never give them a second chance. If someone cheats on another person, I won't have respect for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now that I think about it the incidence of cheating persons on this website should be low; very little relationship experience for most of the patrons combined with many being introverted and therefore at a disadvantage for outgoing sexual behavior it's probably more believable that they actually don't cheat.

Hm! Astounding.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too much of a loser to ever get the chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and never will!

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to. I mean I have watched p*rn and jerked off to celebrity chicks in Playboy and some psychotic chicks think that's cheating, but normal ones dont. So no, I havent.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes