Have you ever been cheated on in a relationship?

Have you ever been cheated on in a relationship? Did you give them another chance or break up with that person? Do you regret your decision?

I'm just wondering how common it is and if people generally stay with someone who cheats on them.

• Yes, I have been cheated on and I gave him/her another chance.
    Vote A
  • Yes, I have been cheated on and I broke up with him/her.
    Vote B
  • No, I have never been cheated on.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I date the kind of girls who would rightftully either talk to me about their unsatisfaction or break up. I've never cheated or had the urge to cheat. It is complete immature.

If I was in a long term relationship you simply just don't walk away from months or years of commitment. You need talk about the reasons for it and forgive if it was something like a bad judement call. If it happens more than once that constitutes a pattern and it would be better to leave. I'm not saying that partners should be given one shot, but should rather have the option of forgiveness if the cheating was a minor problem within the bigger relationship.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• From a similar question: I've been cheated on. This is why I have trust and commitment issues now. I know I should be over it by now but I just don't want to go through the pain again. I'm very emotional so having this happen takes a toll on me. Cheating/infidelity is something I despise greatly. If someone cheats on me, I will never give them a second chance. If someone cheats on another person, I won't have respect for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's kinda A and B for me but mostly A. She cheated on me, I broke up with her, but then got back together with her. She cheated on me again with yet another guy and I dumped her again. She slapped me across the face the second time I accused her. We argued some more, once she told me she could cheat on me and that I'd never know it confirmed her lack of respect for me and I just ended it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm not that I'm aware of. I've also never cheated in a relationship. If I was cheated on I'd definitely drop her ass and find someone else. I have zero tolerance for trust breaking. Trust is already a fragile and shaky thing as it is.

3|0
    0|0
  • I answered yes and forgave them, but have also been cheated on and dumped them. I can't say that it was a good decision to stay with that person, but I don't regret it either, I don't really think about it much. At the time though it hurt pretty bad. Although I also cheated on that person without them ever finding out so that may be why I forgave them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Cheaters don't deserve a second chance, just goodbye.

2|2
    0|0
  • Luckily I haven't been cheated on (as far as I know)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep, 5 years down the drain. Broke up with her immediately. Though I did eventually forgive her. It's weird but when I found out they got married and had kids I got over it and that's when I forgave her. Idk, she just seemed happy and I had already moved on anyways.

Here's the horrible thing about some cheaters. Most of the time you only know of the one instance and will take the other times they cheated to the grave. Who want's to be in a relationship where you're constantly wondering if she's banging some dude at a Wendy's parking lot. Even worse, she gets pregnant and have that sneaking suspicion "...is this kid mine? would she lie about that to?" No thanks, despite what majority of dudes on GAG say they're still loyal chicks out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • It will happen in about 50% of cases,although you may never find out.Something like 40% of women who work for a living will at some time cheat on their partner.I think the percentage for men is a little worse.

It's not often worth forgiving a person who cheats,and hoping it will get better.Sometimes it can work,but it's rare.

They say when a woman suspects her partner of cheating,90% of the time she's wrong.When a man suspects his partner of cheating,90% of the time he's right.Men don't see it coming or expect it.

If you've had a few relationships,you've probably been cheated on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I'm aware of but realistically I probably have.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been cheated on. I did not forgive her and I had my attractive friend (who had aids), which she never met set up a random meeting and they spent a night together, guess what the doctor told her...life sucks when you break a persons heart.

1|2
    1|0
  • I hope not

1|1
    0|0
  • No, it's wrong and dumb, "if you are not going to stand up for your girl, sit down so she can see the guy behind you" it's a relationship quote not much a cheating but close!

1|0
    0|0
  • I have kind of an "open" relationship as she's bi and likes watching me with other people and having others join in. Sometimes I can get away with doing someone when she's not there but only if she is in "story mode", but usually not. So in a way it's all kind of acceptable cheating?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• no, my ex boyfriend has been loyal to me but if ever someone would cheat on me, I'll leave him immediately. I will never give him another chance cause it would be impossible for me to trust him again.

1|2
    0|0
  • I've been cheated on. I left him and there were no second chances given.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I was cheated on & that was it dumped him no second chance.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope not for my knowledge if it did happen I don't think I would forgive that easily.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I haven't been cheated on but I would leave him

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. My husband. And no I did not stay.

Never stay with a cheater. It will not end well for you

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I've been cheated on many times. When I found out, they immediately dumped me so I didn't get a chance to dump them, haha!

No, I don't believe cheaters deserve a second chance. Especially of it's a new relationship. You can't even go a few months without cheating, you're out. Period.

2|2
    0|0
    • Well..at least you didn't have to go through the process of dumping them and they just made the decision easier for you. Silver lining? Lol That really sucks though:/ I've been cheated on too and it does hurt pretty bad.

• Yeah, I'm glad I learned they were that way sooner rather than later.

Recommended myTakes