Friends with benefits with an ex? Good or bad?

A guy I dated for about a year is texting me again and really wants to hang out with me. We dated 3 years ago. He was my first relationship, and I was super sad when we broke up. But since then, I have been in another serious relationship. I now realize my first relationship with this guy was terrible. I never want to date him again. I do think he is hot though, and I haven't slept with a man in 8 months. Is it a bad idea to sleep with an ex you know you never want to date? I am 28, so maybe I should not be wasting time. But I feel like I haven't had male contact in ages now. What should I do? Thanks!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it'd be a great idea! You have some things really going for you by starting a friends with benefits with this ex of yours. You think he's hot, you never want to date him again but obviously you had good sex with him when you were going together. The fact that you were sad when you broke up must mean your sex together was very good so this friends with benefits relationship could work out great for both of you especially since he wants to hang out with you now. Since you're really wanting some sexual attention right now I'd go for it because you both have something to gain. I wouldn't hesitate one bit, but after you have your first sexual experience I would make sure to tell him how much you enjoyed it but not take that by getting comfy in thinking you might be interested in dating him again, because that will never happen. He might take that as freedom for him just like it'll be for you and let you experience each other sexually again like old times. You'll be able to become some type of friend to each other and be able to enjoy sex as much as you want without any strings attached until you're ready for a change or have had enough of him. Good luck!