Should I seriously pursue something with this guy?

Backstory: last year, I was seeing this older guy who worked in finance. We dated for about 5-6 months until he broke things off. Then, I found out that he was just seeing someone else. It felt too good to be true, and ever since then, I'm sort of on the fence about dating guys that just seem too good to be true.

This guy: I met this guy through a friend at a get-together. He's 27, he's a lawyer and a cpa, he's really good-looking, easily an 8.5 at a minimum, he's confident, he's not arrogant or egotistical, he's funny, she's obviously very smart, 5'10", and he's a really good talker - I call him a "talented conversationalist."

He asked for my number and he actually "called" me back the following day, and we talked for like 5+ hours. He asked me out on a date, but I told him I was going on vacation this weekend for 2 weeks, so he said he'll call me again when I get back.

I definitely don't want to project my negative past experiences onto this new guy, because it's not fair to him or to me. But at the same time, I just feel that the reason things didn't work out with my ex were because he just had a lot of options, felt like he could do better than me, and ventured out the first chance he got and found someone else.

I'm just worried that this guy is like a really great guy, and this is NYC. I'm sure girls are giving him attention and throwing themselves at him all the time. He seems like a great guy, but I don't know what to do about all this anxiety I'm feeling.

Anyone? Guys or Girls? Any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly f*** your ex, don't let one guy ruin

Your confident and your idea of all men. Not all men are like

Him, and to be honest your pretty just believe in your self.

• Thanks. I guess he just comes off as a bit intimidating, and he's like the kind of guy who makes you feel inadequate. He's good-looking, he seems like a great guy personality-wise, he's smart, he's fun, he's funny, he's extremely educated, he's pretty well off, and he sort of makes me feel like I'm so far away from most of those things. When he started showing interest in me, I dunno, I just felt like this wasn't happening lol. I guess I just feel out of his league a little bit.