Help me work things out with my ex?

Okay, so I broke up my boyfriend because I wasn't happy with the way he was treating me. After not speaking for about two weeks, he got back in contact with me and has been hinting that he is still interested in me. He's also suggested that he's changed. Please, don't say 'he'll never change'. I know this may be true, but I'm willing to give him another go.

After a few phone calls and texts, we decided to catch up and it went really well. Now, a week later, he suggested we meet up again soon.

I feel like we need to talk about us soon, just so we both know where we're at and no one gets hurt and we can both move on if that's best. So, how can I lead the conversation this way when we meet up? What else should I do? Thanks everyone!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's possible for people to change, it's just up to you to determine if he has.

Regardless, it's going to be awkward bringing up where you stand, but for your own peace of mind you have to do it. While you're hanging out just casually say, "so are you looking for anything to come of this?" or something to that effect and take it from there depending on what he says.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You need to bring up what he did in the past that you dislike and see how he says he's changed to address those things. Talk about your expectations for the reconciliation.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I suggest you get to know the "new" person he is, because he can pretend to having changed and when you get back together all the changes are gone and he's the same as before. Though that's just what I would do. If you meet up, just say: "so what's up with us now?" Something like that, or tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels, tell him how you see things and how he sees things and see if it matches.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should just be forward with him and talk about your relationship and what happened and if it's possible to make things work out.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes