Boyfriend wants me to move in with him

We have been dating for almost 5 months. I'm 24 and he's 28.

I feel like we are not ready for this yet as we haven't dated that long. Plus I'm not sure about his real motivation for wanting to move in. Is it just to save money? Or does he really want me to move in because he truly thinks we should live together.

I'm afraid that we will split up and have to rush to find other places to live or break a lease.

If I move in with my boyfriend, I'll be in the city that I love. It's a little farther from work (45 minute commute one way, compared to now at 20 minutes one way). I would have an easy time finding other housing if we break up.

But I don't have friends in the place that I currently live, and housing is hard to come by. Plus it's really expensive to live here.

I've already had to move a lot since starting my job just over a year ago. I've moved 3 times since I started my job and it's only been slightly over a year (in May).

I don't know anyone else who has moved so much. Most of my friends are getting married and having kids, so they are all settling down. While my life is highly unstable. It really sucks!

I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if I should take the chance and live with my boyfriend. Or if I should play it safe and try to afford a place on my own (which is going to be really hard where I am now).

Anyone else going through this or have any advice?

10