You co-pay for a vacation with your partner. You break up. You can’t cancel. Do you go?

Imagine you and your boyfriend/girlfriend both contributed towards a vacation. You’ve booked neighboring airplane seats, one bedroom with a double bed, some tickets for attractions, and reservations for romantic restaurants.

Unfortunately, after booking, you break up (let's say it's NOT because of serious wrongdoing by either of you). You can’t get a refund. Do you still go?
  • Yes. But, we wouldn’t spend any more time with each other than is necessary.
  • Yes. I would try to be friends.
  • Yes. I would use it as an opportunity to see if we can get back together.
    Vote C
  • No. I just wouldn’t go.
    Vote D
  • I would want to go with a friend/relative by buying out my ex.
    Vote E

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It HEAVILY depends on why the two of you broke up. If the break up was clean, but it had to be done (guy/girl leaves country for example), then you should go. It would still be a lot of fun.

However, if you broke up because either of you fell out of love and did not want to try it again or something, it would get very awkward, IF one of the two REALLY does not want anything anymore. But then again, it is just horrible to let the tickets go to waste. You could give them to a friend and his girl as a gift or even a random couple you run into who seem nice.

I would to go, if at all possible, so it is C for me :)