Is it bad that I genuinely hate my sister?

I don't know how to explain it. She's 12 and I'm 20 so I know that I should just get over it.

She's never done anything to me really. Just be extremely annoying. She doesn't overshadow me and I have no issue with my other two siblings so it's just her.

The only way I can explain it is that the mere fact that she walks the same earth as me and breathes the same air as me just infuriates me.

She just rubs me the completely wrong way. And my parents think that if we spend more time together this will be different but it doesn't work. Our personalities are so completely different that the fact that the other exists on this planet (and lives in our shared room) makes both of us so mad that we can't stand it.

The only thing keeping us from ripping each others throats out is that if we did my mother would literally kill the survivor. She'd take us round back and blast our head off. And she told us this.

So...should we go get help about this? Or is it normal?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a very common thing. I hate one of my sisters most of the time. I'm 22 and she's 19. All she does is sit in front of her laptop or Iphone and look at Tumblr all day long every day. I'm looking for jobs and occasionally taking a break and I get yell at I'm on my laptop too much. My sister also has these annoying habits such as not being quiet when people are sleeping, shoving her laptop in your face to see something she thinks is funny no matter how many times you no and she has a huge attitude when she doesn't want to do something. She's so selfish, yet I get a brunt of the parental yelling and punishment.