Can't stop thinking of cheating... what should I do?

I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years now, and really enjoy it and love my gf.

Around half a year ago I moved to another flat and one of my flatmates (female) and I really have gotten along. I really started liking her too.

At one point about a month ago we kissed and I told my girlfriend two weeks later... she took it hard but forgave me because I was drunk.

The flatmate is moving back to Europe in 1,5 weeks and we're going to have some drinks tonight, just the two of us. I haven't been able to shake the feeling of wanting to sleep with her even though I love my girlfriend. I kinda think I have feelings for my flatmate as well however and I'm sure she'd sleep with me if I wanted to.

What do I do? What if I end up cheating? I'm sure this would only be a one time thing since I'll never see her again and I'm ONLY interested in my girlfriend and ofc a little bit in my flatmate but the latter is mostly about sex.

I want honest awnsers, not the: You don't love your girlfriend kind off crap... caus I really do. I'm just confused.
I didn't do it after all... and it's weird to read this now. I feel like an idiot.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• If you doubt yourself in that you may cheat tonight you should: A) Break up with your girlfriend because she doesn't deserve that and it would only end up hurting her and breaking her heart OR B) Don't go out with your flatmate tonight.

The choice is yours and honestly, if you get a little crazy when you're drunk, then why would you put yourself in the situation to cheat? You have total control of this situation. But really if you love your girlfriend as much as you say you do then you wouldn't want to f*** this other girl. Or at least not get drunk with her and make bad decisions.

Think about it, is this girl (whom you will never see again) worth ruining your 2 year relationship with your girlfriend? What is more important to you? These are questions only you can answer. I don't think you're a bad person, I understand you're human and everyone makes mistakes or does things they will regret but really think hard about this. If you really want to have sex with this girl then please break up with your girlfriend.

This is coming from someone who has been cheated on. It hurts like hell and could possibly scar her for future relationships. So if your flatmate is worth it to you, leave your girlfriend because she doesn't deserve to be cheated on and if you care about her at all then you wouldn't want to put her through that.