How do you get over an ex?

I miss him so much but can't be with him and don't want to be with him cause a future with him isn't the one I want and he has a girlfriend but how do I move on !?!? :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly you just have to try your best not to think about him. And in order to do that you need to get rid of everything that reminds you of him no matter how hard it is. That's the only way. Throw out old pictures or gifts that most likely make you sad, delete his number, and delete him from Facebook just in case you get tempted to look at his pictures. Your feelings about him won't go away unless you choose to stop thinking about him and cutting him out of your life. Also, time heals all wounds. Don't sit around and be sad about it, think of it as a positive in which you can pick up a new hobby or hang out with your friends more. They can be your support system. After you get all your anger and tears out, stop talking about him and venting about him. You can also express yourself through music, writing, and poems.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You replace him in your life. Either you have a new love interest, or you get a kitten, or you travel and have a passionate affair with a fascinating foreign guy.

Or you stay at home and start a new hobby, something that will bring you into a new milieu, a different set of people...

0|0
    0|0
  • look for guys that are attractive, have a future, and are single, once you meet a guy you should forget about him

0|0
    0|0
  • i think about things, anything. thinking about irrelevant things keeps my mind off of things that would bother me. it's worked for years.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Okay, well first of all, you have to realize why he isn't good for you and instead of the good memories, think of all the bad. Think of all his bad qualities. Then, express how you feel whether it's sadness, anger, helplessness, or loneliness. Different ways to express it are by crying, listening to music, talking about it, writing about it, or just screaming. Next, try to prioritize. You had a life before him. You had friends, family that loved and cared for you. Go out and be with people that care about you, do something important and enjoy yourself by trying new things - don't focus on guys. Also, allow yourself enough time to get over it by not getting hooked on a new guy immediately because then you'll be allowing yourself to use someone as a rebound which is never good (though sometimes necessary.) After you realized you've had enough time to get over it, find yourself a good guy you're interested that won't break your heart. Good luck (:

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all, you have to accept the fact that the old relationship is done and over. Cry, scream, and wallow as much as you need to, as long as you eventually realize that there is no going back to the way you were. Then, start thinking about what you're gonna do now... You gotta get on with your life and make the most of it, right? Start thinking about things *you* want to do, and things that make *you* happy. Start embracing the single life again, and spending more time with friends/family you love, and start re-discovering how it feels to just be YOU without anyone else attached. I know it isn't easy, and I know it can hurt really reeeallly badly to let go of a relationship that was important to you, but please believe that you *will* survive and you *will* come out the other side a happier, healthier and better person. Take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place, I promise.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes