She's already in a rebound--how do I get her back?

I’m divorced for four years (really rough). This new girl and I met two years ago at work. We became best friends that connected on such a deep level that it was like we were kindred spirits, soul mates, all that stuff. It was truly amazing. She was also going through a really rough divorce while we were just friends. Then we got together.

After awhile she began projecting her old baggage onto me and cut things off, saying I was just messing with her head, that the emotional bond she felt for me was too much to handle. She’s scared and needy right now. And she’s already rebounding with another guy from her childhood she bumped into at the store, already sleeping with him and stuff, all within less than a couple weeks of the breakup.

She’s really an emotional mess right now, so I’m not wanting to rush into a another heartache for either of us. But when we’re together we both are at peace and find healing, comfort, security, etc. Maybe she was too dependent on me. She said she felt she was. So I’m hoping with a little time she will settle down and we can get back together in peace.

I love her desperately, and when I see her I can tell by her body language she’s still into me. But recently I posted online a general kind of “miss talking to you” thing and listed a some things we did together without actually naming her so nobody could tell who I meant. But she saw it and felt I betrayed her trust and privacy. So now she’s mad at me, though her body language still says she’s conflicted about anger and love for me.

How can I get her back?

She was also abused. But she still exhibits feelings for me. She doesn't do that with other guys. Even with the guy she's with now she still keeps coming back to me to keep in contact with me one way or another. It's like she tries to find reasons not to like me yet struggles with some inner conflict about me.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• When you have an intense connection that is soulmate, kindred, twin flame/soul. In those type of relationships you often get one or both individuals that cannot handle the intensity and will run. Often these people are called runners (when you have the chance please google soul mate runners, twin soul/twin flame runners) The other person usually just cannot handle that emotional intensity. It is easy for her to be physical with someone else as it does not require any type of emotional connection. For some the emotional intensity felt in soul mate relationship becomes just too much to handle. Here is a good article about runners: link

Usually when people run like that you have to let them return on their own. Sometimes the more you try you may find the more she pushes you away.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's fascinating. I've never heard of such things. It could fit. I'll read up on it. She was also abused, so that comes into play. But she still exhibits feelings for me. She doesn't do that with other guys. Even with the guy she's with now she still keeps coming back to me to keep in contact with me one way or another. It's like she tries to find reasons not to like me yet struggles with some inner conflict. She may just need more time to deal with stuff regardless of who she's with.

• I agree past abuse, if she has not have gotten any professional help with or healed from that usually always comes into play in relationships. It almost like she knows you are right, good for her but she is heavily resisting. Soul mate connection or not, when things become to real, intense emotionally they either run and/or subconsciously sabotage the relationship. I actually think she does love you. You can wait for her if you wish or you may want to consider giving someone new a chance.