What is your style for breaking up a relationship?

With cheating aside, Do you have a particular "style" to break up a relationship? What has been the worse breakup youve had?

Agressive, likes to be in controlof the situation.

Passive agressive, not being clear about your true intentions, insinuates thigs in hopes for a response.

Victim, prefers to be portrayed as the victim than the bad person to gain symphaty from others

Coward, escapes or sneaks out from the relationship without saying anything

Passive, tries to make himself or herself as nice as possible to not hurt the other person as much.

Distant, tries to distance from the other person as to not create tension

What other styles for breaking up with someone do you know

46

Most Helpful Girl

• How about respectful freaking honesty?

I tell him the general reason why I'm breaking up with him and I tell him that if he wants specific details I'll answer any questions that he has. I throw an apology in there somewhere because most likely I've done something bad to him too.

And when people ask why we broke up, I tell them the general reason why (without saying slanderous things about the guy) and offer no specific details so as to respect his privacy. And if someone asks me if it's okay for them to date him, I tell them that it's not my place to decide whether or not someone has permission to date my ex.

I've been dumped by guys from some of the methods that you listed (the real gem of the bunch was a guy who cheated on me and still managed to play the victim) and it's pretty damn horrible. People should learn how to be damn respectful to someone they've made the active decision to hurt emotionally.