What is your style for breaking up a relationship?

With cheating aside, Do you have a particular "style" to break up a relationship? What has been the worse breakup youve had?

Agressive, likes to be in controlof the situation.

Passive agressive, not being clear about your true intentions, insinuates thigs in hopes for a response.

Victim, prefers to be portrayed as the victim than the bad person to gain symphaty from others

Coward, escapes or sneaks out from the relationship without saying anything

Passive, tries to make himself or herself as nice as possible to not hurt the other person as much.

Distant, tries to distance from the other person as to not create tension

What other styles for breaking up with someone do you know

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How about respectful freaking honesty?

I tell him the general reason why I'm breaking up with him and I tell him that if he wants specific details I'll answer any questions that he has. I throw an apology in there somewhere because most likely I've done something bad to him too.

And when people ask why we broke up, I tell them the general reason why (without saying slanderous things about the guy) and offer no specific details so as to respect his privacy. And if someone asks me if it's okay for them to date him, I tell them that it's not my place to decide whether or not someone has permission to date my ex.

I've been dumped by guys from some of the methods that you listed (the real gem of the bunch was a guy who cheated on me and still managed to play the victim) and it's pretty damn horrible. People should learn how to be damn respectful to someone they've made the active decision to hurt emotionally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I distance myself thinking about things... and if it comes to it, I muster all the courage needed to talk. I'm honest and upfront, but a big part of the way it unfolds depends on the guy's personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure your definitions are completely well-defined.

I have broken up with people by being upfront and honest with them.

I have been broken up with usually in passive aggressive style (following your definitions) my ex sort of insinuated that maybe he's not the one for me, but left me to do all the figuring out and final breaking up myself...

0|0
    0|0
  • No easy way to break up.I was upfront and honest about my feelings. I could not live another day in a negative environment that drove us to argue about EVERYTHING. Ending a relationship (in my case marriage) was one of the hardest decision that I have ever made...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I didn't like to drag out a situation that wasn't making us happy, so I was always quick to pull the trigger and formally break up, maybe before the other person had thought about it.

That wasn't always tactful and sometimes took the other person by surprise..but I think, afterward, they realized it would have been a worse situation if I had delayed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Distance used to be my method. Or what I would call the phase out. Essentially just act distant, be there but not really there, until the girl would just break up with me. that was my high school approach. as an adult I've just been forward and frank about it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually premeditated. Like I can see things going wrong in the relationship and something just needs to be said. But my breakups are very upfront. I've only had one hectic breakup with somebody(she was cheating).

1|0
    0|0
  • "Maybe we should take a break for two weeks See if we can figure this out." A break to me means no contact. A break to me doesn't mean I can do whatever I want, though technically I guess I could - I have yet to have any desire to meet someone else during my break. It's a break for contemplation.

So we met after the two weeks, she told me that if we weren't together and serious by the time I finished my sentence, just leave. I hate ultimatums like that, so I left. A bit passive aggressive, but frankly, I wasn't going to do the level of instantaneous commitment, especially at that point when we had been having problems with her behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • sit down and talk.

or send as sms message or an e-mail lolololol.. j/k no, sit and talk. it's the most respectful thing to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • in case of cheating I would destroy her self esteem and go mad and sh*t then leave ! she should breake up instead of cheating why playing around ?

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes