Why are girls generally drawn to guys who are physically abusive or emotionally abusive?

In several cases I see this everyday. At my work there's a girl who only likes guys who mistreat her and treat her like dirt. Everyone around her sees this but she deny's it over and over.

One twitter I see the same girl from high school complain over and over about this guy who constantly dumps her or cheats on her but they end up getting back together (usually after she takes the blame for his actions and says it's her fault.)

Another girl I know goes through this every week I sh*t you not.

"I love him and know one day we will be married" (Next day)

" I don't understand where we went wrong!?"

(Followed by sappy sad song lyrics)

(2 days later) "He's myn again and no one will tear us apart" (repeats from top)

My point getting across is this. I am a moderately attractive guy, In good shape and I have always worshiped my girlfriend. Keep in mind this question is not for me but rather for the girls.

Why are you attractive to guys who constantly treat you as a worthless pile of sh*t, and who use and abuse you only for sex? Makes no sense to me or anyone else so please clarify

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are attracted to their Fathers. The more of a deadbeat their dad was, the worse the guy that they are attracted to. Another reason is that today's media has such a horrible vision of what beauty is.. that way too many girls have low selfesteem and seek approval from men.

0|1
    0|1
    • I think one of the first questions a guy should ask a girl on a date is "What is your relationship with your dad like?" LMAO

By the way, thanks for the Best Answer! ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• i wouldn't say it's ''generally',it just happens that some of those girls are very attractive and guys notice and start whining about girls not wanting nice guys. even younger girls I know who are ''notorious'' for that-plenty of them have very loving relationships. some girls just have issues,it's not their fault,they just have some emotional damage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because women are taught that our sense of worth is completely in how others see us. So when you have to constantly worry about how others' see you you are drawn to people who will "help you improve" Jean Jacques Rousseau had a good point the pinnacle for a woman is her reputation, the fall of a man is his reputation, in other words a man who lives by his and is concerned with his reputation is pathetic, but women ARE their reputation. There is a double standard. Also I've seen quite the opposite happen as well. I'm not disagreeing with you. But I've seen really nice guys get treated like slaves by women who were really mean to them. It seems like everyone likes abuse at least all the nice people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to read your description or anyone else's answer. I'm going to be straight up and speak from experience. The abusive type of men are extremely manipulative. They make you believe they care. They suck you in. Once they know they've got you, they let their true colors show. At first, the woman thinks the guy just needs help; a shoulder to lean on. But then it just gets worse. Nothing helps. She tries and tries. Eventually she will he scared to leave him because A) he makes her believe no one else will ever love her or B) she's afraid he will seriously hurt or kill her. It's ultimately a relationship she needs to leave before it's too late. Bottom line is most of the time, they are scared of what their partner is capable of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure they consciously seek out those kinds of relationships, but they usually STAY in those kinds of relationships because they don't think they deserve any better. They don't feel they have an option.

1|0
    0|0
  • how about we stop criticizing the girls who try to look past their mans short comings and criticize the men who treat their women like sh*t?

2|1
    0|1
  • Women don't seek out those guys, per se. Those guys have the confidence to snag her.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• The reasons vary widely from poor homelives to poor judgment combined with absolute emotional investment. At least this is the case with the repetitive behavior types.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it either. I've seen it so many times in my life. Often these girls will have nice guys in their lives that actually like them and they completely ignore them and put up with all of the crap from their boyfriends instead.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes