Should I tell him that I'm cutting it off?

Ok, so it started out as an amicable breakup in February. We both had issues come up in our lives that made it harder to be in a relationship. We lived together and and continued to do so after the breakup until the lease on our apartment was up in June. He then moved to New York and I stayed in Philly. We kept in touch basically everyday and it was pretty awesome. We started talking about what it would take to get back together. I came up and visited him NYC and we had the best weekend. We kept talking about how we were working on ourselves and getting things back on track because we were so awesome together. I'm an idiot.

The day before I was supposed to come up and visit him again last week, he let me know he was seeing someone else. In an email. After he told me to go ahead and buy train tickets and I worked extra hours early in the week to get out early on Friday and took a vacation day and he told me how much he wanted to see me. So that was sh*tty. We talked and had it out later that night, and he promised we'd remain friends and I told him that if he's going to say that he has to mean it. But now he's ignoring me. So it's obvious that I need to move on and I should cut off any contact. However, I'm on his cell phone plan. He said he wanted to pay my part of the bill until the contract was up on it (which would be next year), but now I really don't want him doing me favors and I don't want any reminders of what a d*** he is. But at the same time, I don't want to be so much of a d*** that he's flushing almost 100 bucks a month down the toilet for the next year. Actually, I kind of do want to be that much of a d*** right now, but I'll probably feel guilty about it in a few months.

So how do I go about this? Should I just let him know that I'm getting my own cell phone and he can do whatever he wants with the cell phone contract? Should I write him an email letting him know that I'm cutting off contact and moving on? Or should I just let him figure it out on his own?

11