Is there any way to skip or avoid the pain of a break-up?

Three and a half months later with a new love interest and I still need to have crying episodes sometimes.. I miss him :(
Thanks to everyone that answered. It hurts so much.. three months later and I was mostly fine and then today I just balled and felt like my heart was breaking.. it's such an adjustment when you've had such a strong bond, best friendship and relationship with someone where you did everything together and now they are gone. It's like a piece of me is gone and I won't ever be able to talk to him or see him again

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated my ex for a little over a year and we had to split for college and it was a heart ripping experience because she ended up in a relationship with one of her guy friends within a week of us breaking up. Most of all, she lied to me so I had to cut it off with her. It took me 6 months to get over her but I'm at the point of not thinkin about her at all and life is great.

I thought about my ex everyday for 6 months but then finally just woke up one morning and realized that I hadn't thought about her for a whole week.. I then fealt a sense of life again and finally moved on. I don't think about her at all anymore.

The arc of life is funny sometimes.. as much as I hated the pain of waking up each morning and going to bed at night through those 6 months, I'm extremely thankful I went through it. Sounds crazy but break ups have a positive affect too. All that pain molded me into a much stronger and more mature person today than I ever was.

Break ups are scarring, but once that scab heals over and the scar is there, the skin is left thicker and stronger. Think about that. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to enjoy life at its fullest. Keep yourself engaged in life and keeping busy.

Everyone thinks about their ex during the stages of a break up. I don't care who the person is, we all do.. but at some point you realize that life goes on and time passes and your ex is not a matter to you anymore. Hang in there :)

• Good for you :) Great honest attitude. Love your honesty

• Thank you! I hope this helped:) Everything will work out, trust me. Thanks for BA!