I have feelings for my friend

I have a friend for over 10 yrs. I have never had any kind of feelings for him until just recently. We went on a trip together and had a blast. We even shared the same room but nothing happened. He was a real gentleman. On our way back from our trip I've asked him why doesn't he date. He told me because he likes his freedom. I told him that's good that he doesn't have a girlfriend because he wouldn't have time for me anymore. I'm afraid if he has a girlfriend we wouldn't be spending so much time together anymore. And I might even be jealous. Since we been back I can't seem to get him off my mind. I always want to see him and spend more time with him. I want to let him know how I feel but afraid he might not feel the same way. I don't want it to be awkward for us if he knew I am in love with him. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Youre f***ed

The friendship as you know it is over.

Total when harry met sally.

It ended on the trip. You have to gamble and let him know. Hopefully he feels the same way if not - you are in for heartache because the relationship dissolves after that. If you try to be his friend you will definitely torture yourself.

Unless he loves you back it will end badly. If he does love you back, don't cramp him or you will lose him.

Sorry for the harsh answer but its the cold hard truth - Stuey

• You're not being harsh and I appreciate your honest answer.

• Good luck, I really mean that!

What Guys Said 1

• You're not in love with him. You fancy him. That's what you tell him. Keep it non serious and see how he reacts to that.

• I'm inclined to agree.

Also in regards to her age, I thought to myself if this isn't just because she feels that time is running out (and this is just a general observation - not any personal attack at all)

What Girls Said 2

• What did he say when you replied that it's good otherwise he wouldn't have time for you? If he avoided saying something then I'm not sure. But, you should go for it and tell him you like him! If he doesn't feel the same, at least you got it out of your system and you know that you should move on.

• He didn't say anything but smiled. I'm a bit nervous to ask how he feels about me. I just don't want to ask and then he turns me down and we would both feel awkward.

• Yeah, then I guess it's up to you as to whether you are willing to take a chance or not. :)

• I think you should tell him about your true feelings on him. Good luck :)