Is this a reasonable study schedule?

Study for one hour then break for 30 minutes and back at it again for a total of 5.5 hours in a row?

Total Study Time: 4 hours

Total Break Time: 1.5 hours

I am very bad at studying/time management skills so I am trying to make myself a schedule. I also have a short tension span.
  • Yes
  • No

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Rigid schedules don't work, since what you are studying makes such a difference.

If you have tomemorize a lot of discrete facts, such as a vocabularly list, you should have a much shorter study time, a much shorter break, and you can go on forever, for several hours if you need to.

If you're studying someone's theory or philosophy, you'll need about this schedule, but you won't need such a long break.. 10 minutes is usually enough.

For this kind of subject, you should use 'active studying.' Summarizing the person's theory or philosphy in your own words rather than simply reading a text.

But then, don't go on longer than 2 hours without a long break, such as for a meal.

• I notice you answer my questions a lot and always have very helpful answers! Thank you!

• Thank you too!