Why can't I get over him?

I guess I could say he was my first love, but 6 months have passed already and I still love him (assuming that what I experienced is love)

He broke up with me because he told me I was too different from what he thought I was, but I never changed. Is that just an excuse?

I miss him and I need to talk to him, but I am still very young, should I forget about him and move on or should I wait for him?I tried moving on but I can't, I find myself looking at our old pictures and his Facebook constantly. Any ideas on how I can move on, assuming that is the correct thing to do. Maybe the reason I can't get over him is because it's meant to be?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• You should get over him, move on, and forget about him. The best way to do that is to cut all ties. Block him on Facebook, delete his number from your phone and more importantly FORGET THE NUMBER, and think of him as a lesson learned. You are under 18, there are SO many more relationships for you to have - don't let this one relationship be anything but a learning lesson - but learn the RIGHT lesson - learn what it is that YOU are looking for. It doesn't matter who HE thought you were, all that matters is that YOU know who you are and are happy with that. If you are happy with who you are, you will never feel alone. Enjoy being single and flirting, enjoy learning who you are now and doing everything you can to be the person you want to be. If you focus on YOU, he will fade away sooner. That doesn't mean be selfish, it just means - be the person you can be happy being.