Need honest advice. I don't know what to do.

Okay, so on September 1st, it will have been 2 months since my boyfriend broke up with me. we still talk everyday and hangout alot. last month when he first broke up with me, I was trying to get back together with him but he said he just wants to be best friends. and so I stopped trying to get him back because it wasn't getting me anywhere, but making me upset. I've tried to get back with him so many times. and now, I've been talking to this other boy I'm starting to like, and he likes me too. he wants to ask me out, but I feel like if I start dating someone my ex will get mad and not talk or hangout with me anymore. I don't know what to do. help. /:

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't let my ex hold me back from getting with someone. You like this guy, he likes you too. Your ex only wants to be "best friends" which means he wants you around and to be close to you but doesn't want what you want. That's not fair to you. Your ex wants to have his cake and eat it too and that's just selfish on his part. You shouldn't be worried about what he thinks of it and if he'll get upset or not. You clearly are just hanging around your ex because you still want to get back with him deep down. But he isn't thinking of it that way. You see the friendship as a gateway to get back together someday but the feeling isn't mutual and likely will never be. Let this new guy ask you out and honestly, if it makes your ex upset to the point where he doesn't want to hang out anymore, it serves him quite right! He's had his chance and you've offered/wanted to get back together. He didn't so it's his loss. If he doesn't want to be around you once you go out with this new guy, his motives for being your friend weren't good for you to begin with. Good luck.

• Ah, thank you so much! But, me and my ex still talk everyday. So, if I do start dating the new guy should I just tell my ex or let him find out on his own?

• I mean I guess if y'all are close. But it's not really his business, necessarily. If you feel like you should than go ahead, I guess. But be prepared for him not to stick around. Even though that'd be shady, he may not want much to do with you anymore. And that's probably a good thing because you don't want drama with this new guy being envious or upset about you talking to your ex.