Can't afford to break up with my bf.

I am in such a horrible bind. I can't afford to move out on my own because my job pays sh*t and I do as much over time as I can and I am looking for a better paying job. I am living with my boyfriend but I want to break up with him. I feel he does not respect me so I want to leave but I can't afford to move out. I am currently looking for a jobs in another province where the job market is booming and jobs pay well and it's much cheaper to live just to get out of this situation. Any other ideas of what I can do to move out so I can break up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• sooner the better I'd say. Can you move back home? Bit of advice every dad should give his daughter. Never put your self in a position where you HAVE to rely on a man. Always have a career/some savings to fall back on. At least temporary. You'll be miserable and basically under his thumb till you get out. I've known girls that basically were stuck with a dude they couldn't stand for years. They would occasionally have sex with the guy to make sure he didn't suspect anything. F***that, I'd live out of my car than spend another minute with a person I can't stand.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Pawn some things, have a garage sell, start saving. Live with parents friends or family, would he kick you out if you broke up with him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Try staying with your parents and saving up while looking for other places to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • perhaps find a friend you can stay with for a bit until you find your own place or a better job

0|0
    0|0
    • I tried that already, everyone is married and has kids and has no room.

• parents? I know its not ideal but they are your parents and hopefully would be supportive... otherwise maybe you get a loan, gov't subsidized housing or just suck it up and deal with the dude until your job and financial circumstances improve

• No. That sounds about right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to the shelter.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is what happens when you play house before getting married. Both involved get screwed.

0|0
    0|0
    • What a crock. If we were married I would still want to leave, I am glad we moved in so I could find out who he is before taking that step. Your comment makes no sense.

• Show All
    • Not true. People don't give a damn what anyone thinks anymore...especially about their personal life.What came first...people back then wanting to get divorced because they couldn't get along or fell out of love, or the thought they had to stay together for life because someone might judge them? Look at the research.There's a direct link between premarital sex, and divorce. People are picking the wrong person while dating. It's easy to understand how sex complicates everything. Like your case.

• Two years without sex? No way I'd do that.

I could see a guy getting clouded judgment and marrying someone because he wanted to have sex with her though.

• Keep looking until you find a better job that will allow you to move out. I don't think there's much else you can do for now. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd definitely look into moving to the other province with the better job market and lower cost of living.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am. I was just hoping that someone could offer another viable alternative there have been a couple good ones but unfortunately I tried them already and they did not work.

What Girls Said 2

• You really need to break up with him. It is completely wrong to let him continue thinking he's in a relationship with you...

0|1
    0|0
    • I know but I would be on the street if I did. Why do you think this is such a horrible position to be in?

• find another roommate? all you can do is set up the situation to better yourself to move on..I think looking in another area for a job is a good start.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's too expensive here even with a roommate.

• move somewhere cheaper? where there's a will there's always a way...

Recommended myTakes