Allowing you to cheat VS NOT allowing you to cheat, which would you respect more?

Would you respect a girl who:

(1) Tolerates cheating (just once, etc)

(2) Does NOT tolerate cheating

More?

A male friend asked me if I would be OK with my boyfriend cheating (I.e. kissing, making out or having sex with another girl), and I said NO!

Might sound prudish but whatever. What do you guys think?
  • I respect/want a girl who will allow me to make mistakes by cheating once or maybe more
    Vote A
  • I respect/want a girl who will NOT allow me to make mistakes by cheating once or more
    Vote B
  • See answer/other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you even respect YOURSELF if you tell your mate that you're giving them a free pass on cheating? Might as well write "WELCOME" on your forehead because you are a doormat! The only way I'd tolerate cheating is if we had an open relationship and I saw other men as well. Other than that, it ain't just gonna be me sitting around idly by while he hooks up with other girls. I would never respect a guy who tolerated me flirting or more with other men.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I respect a girl who does not allow someone to cheat. If you simply allow your significant other to cheat, it says to me that you have no self respect. Why should I respect you if you can't even respect yourself. More than that, can't even respect yourself to demand others respect you. I don't care about all this "But we're in love. [s/he] only cheated once." crap. No. No, seriously, it's never just once. Never. Anyone who cheats will always cheat again, eventually.

4|3
    0|0
  • Allowing you to screw other people means it isn't cheating. I'd not be happy with that. I'd wonder why. Wonder if she doesn't trust me, wonder if she wants to screw other guys herself. I just wouldn't be happy.

Rather we both understand no cheating ever. And won't forgive the other for cheating even once. Even something small like flirting. As in neither will flirt with others when we're together. F***cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • A girl that does not tolerate cheating option 2. Your male friend might be trying to hint/imply that your boyfriend is cheating.

He could be doing this to sabotage your relationship so he can get with you, or just asking your opinion on the matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not prudish, since partners make a commitment to be exclusive. it's a betrayal of trust.

Monogamy doesn't really work.

0|0
    0|1
  • I have been fortunate enough to have a series of "open" relationships, but even we had rules about it. Cheating is never a good thing, and there needs to be constant communication in relationships for them to work effectively, in any capacity!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Cheating implies deceit, deception and betrayal. All of which are huge character flaws. If there is an agreement in place then it is not cheating.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would definitely say no, unless you are a swinger and that is what you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no respect for anything or anyone when someone cheats.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't respect a girl that allows that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he cheats, he's dead to me. I'm done. Out of there. After a very vicious lashing of the tongue and perhaps a good punch in the face :p

And I expect my boyfriend to hold me to the same standard. If either of us cheats, they lose the other immediately and get to suffer whatever verbal attacks the cheatee chooses to inflict.

Naturally, neither of us cheat. Problem solved.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes