Whats your opinion? Please read, need advice.

First of all; how long should you wait before starting to date again after a 5 month, relationship?

& if you tried to get back together with your ex, but they said they just wanted to be best friends, if your close friends with your ex what should you do if you got into a relationship with a new person? Tell them or no? Do you think they would be mad?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not any of your ex's concern who you date post relationship. If he's only interested in being your friend then what does he care who you date. I wouldn't be best friends with my ex. Too much history that you have to act like it never happened because you can't have a friendship bringing up things that happened when you were intimate with each other as a couple. I would date again when you feel ready. You'll know when that is based on your feelings; basically when your confidence comes back. I wouldn't base it on a particular time frame.

Depending on how close you were with him (and I'm guessing you were pretty close since you are interested in being close friends so that you can still keep him in your life, essentially as close to the way he was before as possible), I wouldn't be friends with him. You'd always be thinking of it as a way back into his heart. He just wants to be close to you but will likely never want to date you again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE