Would you cheat if you know you wouldn't get caught?

If you are in a relationship, you went out of town and had the opportunity to cheat, know you would never be caught, would you cheat?

I know I could never do it, but I know people who have told me that honestly they would, and they wouldn't feel bad because the person would never find out.

• Yes
  • No

88

Most Helpful Guy

• No. A commitment is an oath. It means something. Loyalty is not just a word for saying you are faithful when things are good or if discovery is possible. Cheating is wrong. If you're not happy with somebody then just leave them. No need to cheat.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice answer, it would be nice if more people thought like that, then maybe cheating wouldn't be such a big cause of break-ups, or just an omission left in hope the partner won't find out.

• My profession requires a measure of teamwork and integrity. I also pause when I have to rely on one of those guys who are open about their infidelity. I have no idea what their particular circumstances are but I always ponder the facts: you are willing to lie, betray, and fabricate alibis to the mother of your children, whom you bought a home with, announced your love and took vows of devotion, love, and loyalty before friends, family, and God then why in the hell should I trust you?

• Agreed