Is it normal for a guy to protect his ex girlfriend while in a relationship?

I've been with this guy for about five months now and it seems like his ex girlfriend is always getting into problems with people. My problem is that she always calls my boyfriend to defend her and he always goes. Should I be worried? I don't want to seem selfish but it's like, they're not together anymore, they don't have a child together so I feel like there's no need for him to run and protect her whenever she feel she needs him.

Am I over reacting?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It really is okay for exes to be friends, but this just seems weird to me. I don't think you're overreacting at all. Maybe talk to him about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did talk to him and he told me that it wasn't a big deal. He said that we ever broke up and I needed him for the same problems, he said he'll be there for me too. He said he felt bad and e didn't want to leave her feeling helpless. Idk.

Thanks for the comment!

• If he told you it isn't a big deal then it probably isn't. He's probably just an all-around nice guy. It's good that you talked to him about it, though. You're welcome!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Your reaction is reasonable, but I don't think this means that he still has romantic feelings for her. It sounds like he's an honorable guy who doesn't leave people hanging because of ill will in the past. That doesn't make it any easier for you though. It's always possible that she's taking advantage of his chivalrous nature deliberately.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think they're over each other yet. It's possible they will get back together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes