So I'm going to Cuba for winter break, what are the Do's and Don'ts?

Hey, so I am going to Cuba this winter break, and I was just wondering since I've never been there before, what are the do's and don'ts. Also I was thinking about buying a new canon or nikon camera before I go? which is better? And I'm bringing my macbook air, iPhone, and Beats with me is that okay? And should I bring my debt Visa? or Credit card? And is it really hot there because some places look cloudy sometimes, by the way I'm 18 what is the drinking age there? And I wanna watch the sunrise on the beach what time should I leave the resort to see it?

Oh and is it hot or really hot in Cuba, in December?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• The weather is hot year round. I would not take too many computer or expensive electronics the country is very poor. If you carry too much you may be required to pay duty on items you already own. People bring electronics to Cuba to leave with their families and the Government has cracked down on this by taxing items they think are going to be left. There is no or little reason for a macbook air, Internet is near non existent.

On cameras, take something that you can put in your pocket. Do not expect Internet service possibly only in a few hotels and it may not be wifi, check they are close to dial up in speed.

Your iphone is just a pretty toy in Cuba. Check before you go, last I heard Venezwala was helping to set up their Internet. Satellite phones and Internet are illegal

If you are coming from the USA you may have more problems, people in general have a different view of Americans. Most Americans they know are there chasing the little girls or women chasing the men for sex. Best to tell people you are Canadian which are equally as bad but not hated in the same way.

At night it is best if you have a male with you at all times along with a photo copy of your passport on you. The local women cannot be seen with tourist or they go to jail.

Drinking age is not a problem for you. Most countries central and south do not have minimum drinking ages.

I cannot give you much advice on currency other than people buy dollars and other currency and because you are a woman may want to stick with the established exchanges. There are 2 different currency, one is outdated and may only be used by the locals. I would not take a visa or bank card some how you think you are going to a vacation spot.

Please note that if anyone ask you how long you are there, they are a thief.

Cuba is more of a boys town type of country and not really designed for the woman tourist. Have you thought of perhaps the Cayman Island or Bahamas? Hope this was helpful.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you for the help, you and wpmason, were very helpful but you explained more. And I am going on vacation to the resorts. I'm going with my best friends she's a girl to. Anyways thanks.