What's one thing that breaks you ?

I mean as a person, is there something that breaks you apart ? I've been homeless, been molested as a kid, have been addicted but none of that has made me broken as much as my girlfriend leaving me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The love-hate relationship with my boyfriend. The going back and forth, breaking up and getting back together. Being hurt then making up and for some reason I just can't stop, it's like a force pulling me to him. I know there's a psychological reason behind it all but I have yet to figure it out.

It sucks and as much as I want to just be done with him sometimes, I can't. As much as I get hurt emotionally, I know I'm doing it to myself by staying at this point but then when the good happens, it's amazing...until the bad comes around again. A never-ending cycle I can't seem to break. It's the one thing in my life that breaks me down consistently.

Maybe one day I'll find it within myself to just go and never look back, but the thought of that tears me apart. It's like, I'm broken when I stay with him and broken if I leave. There doesn't seem to be a solution that doesn't emotionally hurt. We've been through A LOT. It's been over 6 years so I suppose it's just all the memories that stops me every time, I don't know.

I apologize for ranting. I just don't have anyone else close to me to talk to so I thought this question would be a good outlet.

0|0
    0|0
    • No worries :) sometimes you just gotta let things out, best of luck :)

• Thank you:)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Like you, relationships.

I've been through all sorts, but when my boyfriend left me it was the most crushing thing. And every time I see him with the girl he left me for... it hurts so much but I have to smile and pretend it doesn't hurt. Every time it takes me takes to get over the feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I've had a lot of things happen to me like everyone else but I don't let anyone or anything break me anymore. Relationships they come and go so it might hurt for a bit but eventually you get over it. I've been molested before and I've learned to deal with it. I mean it's all mental strength really. However, if something happened to my mother I'd really break apart. And I'm sorry for what happened to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I, along with almost everybody in the world, have been through hardships that drastically changed my outlook on life. But nothing has broken me, and I will never allow something to break me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say the only 2 things that would really break me apart are losing a good friend or having someone close to me die

0|0
    0|0
  • A broken relationship is what will break me..i am vulnerable when it comes to affairs of the heart...

0|0
    0|0
  • physically, abuse

mentally, self-sabotage and not being listened to or understood

0|0
    0|0
  • feeling unwanted, by the person you want the most...

0|1
    0|0
  • My father dying when I was 13.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have trust issues. I never feel I can truly trust someone 100%.

What has really broken me the most in life -

When I've developed a friendship or relationship with someone and they worked really hard to earn my trust and prove to me that they were trustworthy. I finally start to open up more and start to trust them more, and they break that trust.

It destroys me and then makes is even harder for me to trust new people.

It's a vicious cycle.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm my own worst enemy so I'd say me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Abuse from my family, abuse from my ex, and abuse from 'friends' from the past. I don't have friends anymore.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I'm a pretty tough guy but when something happens to my family, it devastates me. I know what it's like to be in pain and to see like my brother, sister, my folks, etc. be hurt, whether it be physically or emotionally, it kills me.

I'm sorry to hear about your rough past and the break-up. Break-ups are hard. At first it hurts but after awhile the pain goes away. Just be sure that you're not bottling in a ton of emotions as it can lead to issues in the future. If you need someone to talk to, do it. Or keep a journal. It will help you immensely. I hope things get better for you man.

0|0
    0|0
  • girlfriend or wife cheating

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes