Classmate was cheating on her fiancé. I made a fake account and told him. Did I make a huge mistake?

Long story short: My classmate has been sleeping around with as many as 8 different guys and she sleeps over at one guys house every night for the past 8 months while away at school. Everyone knows what's going on and we hear her screaming while having sex pretty much every night.

At first, I thought nothing of it and considered it not my business. But then, I met her fiance and he seemed like a really nice, trusting and chill guy. So it started to play on my head. Eventually, they started wedding plans and she was going out to buy a dress. She put it all up on fb. I couldn't take it anyone and made a fake fb account and told him everything along with whatever proof I had. In addition, I sent the same info to all his best friends (4-5 of them) so that he wouldn't quietly slip into denial.

He broke up with her shortly after. I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
  • Yes, I would have done the same
    Vote A
  • No. It was none of your business
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*anymore
Thanks for all the positive feedback, folks. I must say that not a single person in my school knows that I did it. Well, except my g/f. The reason is that pretty much all her friends accepted the guys she was cheating with as her "school b/f" or whatever. It really surprised me that her friends could stick with her on this rather than counsel her to do the right thing. It's like she stole candy from a shop. She was leading a double life and deceiving the man she was going to marry. I don't get it
*It's NOT like she stole candy from a shop.
So here's how unfolded. He asked her about it armed with information he was obviously made aware of by someone with intimate knowledge of what was going on (me). She admitted that she was cheating for a while and with many men. He dumped her.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I think you did the right thing, somebody had to tell him. Obviously, she wasn't going to.

And, if having a engagment ring on her finger didn't keep her faithful, a wedding ring certainly isn't

going to keep her be faithful. You saved him from marrying a women who (apparently)

likes to have her cake and eat it too. You know, have her main man, but have her play

toys (other men) on the side. Nobody, should enter marriage like that. Plus, no man

wants to know that the woman who was suppose to love him, that he trusted and thought was

faithful, has just been playing him for a big fool. So, it's better he find out before they got

married than after, he really would felt like fool (especially, if she would have became pregnant

and the baby wasn't his. That's definitely a possibility).

Anyway, don't stress. You deserve a pat on the back for what you did, it was the right thing

to do. He can now find someone who ACTUALLY loves him and she can seek comfort in one

of her many play things. You did the right thing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

0|3
    0|0
    • I'm so glad that girls and guys are both in agreement about the appropriate course of action that should have been and was taken.

• I think you did. I'd probably want to do the same thing; I can't stand cheaters and she was so open about it. I know people always say to not get involved and to a certain extent you shouldn't, but when it comes to a couple being engaged, then I think something should've been said. You've saved huge divorce fees. :P

1|3
    0|0
  • I don't know if I would've had the guts to do this but I think you did the right thing. You saved that guy from a lot more heartache, she will just move onto the next guy.

Does she know what you did? And how did she take the break up?

3|3
    0|0
  • Good Job. I personally think you were golden, there are always exceptions to every rule, and this one was an exception. Your intentions were good, and you can't blame yourself for having a conscience. I would have done the same, if anyone thinks its f***ed up, it's even more f***ed up what your classmate did to her fiance, so I wouldn't pay much attention to those telling you otherwise, since you did what you felt was right, which was ultimately right in general for the poor guy.

1|3
    0|0
  • It was the right thing. Even if the guy is a stranger to you, it's always good to try to prevent people from doing something that isn't good for them. They would have probably split when he found out eventually and you prevented a lot of pain for him.

1|4
    0|0
  • You did the right thing! Wouldn't you want someone to do the same for you if your fiancé was cheating on you? Obviously this girl never really loved her fiancé cause if she did she wouldn't have acted like such floosy!

1|3
    0|0
  • I not sure which to vote, but I wouldn't do it if I were you as I tend not to want to meddle in others matters. however, what the girl did was terribly wrong and of course I would feel for her fiance too if I were you. unfaithful pple don't deserve to have good people.

You are smart :) to create a fake account as nobody would know you alerted him. I am not saying you are wrong. I am in between actually...

is it so hard to be faithful these days?

0|2
    0|0
  • I voted A even though I wouldn't have done the same thing (Probably would have racked my brain trying to think of something else) but I do think you did the right thing in perhaps the best way possible, well done.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't think it was any of your business, but sometimes doing the wrong things are the right things. You just saved that men from future heartbreak or a divorce. Good job :)

0|1
    0|0
    • hahaa.. how can doing the wrong thing be the right thing?! Talk about being on being on both sides of the fence.

• lol, what I mean is that telling him wasn't your business, but at the same time, it was a good thing that you told him XD

• Honestly this feels like high school silly behavior for people your age. It was none of your business.

0|0
    6|5
    • Sounds like it, eh. I thought so too, except that a man was about to make a major life altering decision by marrying a girl who has been chronically unfaithful to him. He deserved to be at least informed about it rather than go into a marriage blind.

• I woulsve stayed out of it. she may have had tons of sex before the married he then been happily married and he'd never know. now they broke up and he has to feel rejected by hr with tons of guys forever. it really was none of your business. you reacted emotionally. you could have ignored how you felt. you dud it because you don't like thinking thatd happen to you. it was his life not ours. what's done is done but I think you should have stayed out of it.

seeing as you did do something because your conscience was compelling you to. I guess now every time you see a guy cheating on his girlfriend you'll be obligated to tell her. you probably wont. because most likely you didit to punish her. not to help him. of yo did it to help him then you'll have a lot of cheaters t tattle on in this lifetime. they are everywhere. I'm surprised this is the first you encountered.

0|0
    6|8
    • When I was in the middle of this mess, I felt the same way. And I had lots of reasons why I did not have to do anything about it. It was simply not my problem. And yes again, there were other people cheating on their gfs/bfs at school.

But I never met the other cheaters spouses. And none of the others every put the other students and me in a position that we are getting to know their cheated-on soon to be spouse. As it got closer to their wedding date, I had to make a decision.

• I think you went about it the right way. No one knows it was you so you weren't pulled into any drama. Well played.

3|2
    0|0
  • I think you did the right thing.

I completely agree with making a fake account and going about it like that. Personally I probably wouldn't have had the balls, but fair play! He definitely needed to know and it's better that he ended it now rather than them marrying and having children and him finding out then when it's much harder. He deserves someone who wouldn't treat him like that.

Don't feel guilty, you were trying to look out for him and I'm sure you would want someone to tell you if your Mrs was acting like that.

0|3
    0|0
  • well you know, it wasn't any of your business lol, but id say you did the right thing by telling him because you kinda saved him a lot of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have gotten involved. I don't get involved in other people's relationship. You don't even know the guy like that, you met him like once? Besides how do you know he wasn't doing some dirt behind her back himself? You did have good intentions though so I understand but you shouldn't have sent all the info to his best friends, save him the humiliation.

0|0
    0|4
  • You're a great guy you did the right thing

f***ign whore should have been slapped

5|5
    0|0
  • Don't feel guilty

1|2
    0|0
  • it's a good thing you did for him. Don't feel guilty

1|2
    0|0
  • I would've told him

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I feel like you did the right thing. People can say that "it's none of your business" 'til they're blue in the face, but the fact is that she made this your business. You were out in a position where you had to do one of two things: tell the guy, or decide to not tell the guy. Each decision carries it's own weight and has it's own consequences.

7|4
    0|0
  • You exposed a whore. However, I think she will screw someone else over anyway. But your conscious told you to go for it. I don't think the girl you exposed will ever become a mature woman but at least a good guy didn't get screwed over.

You stopped her before he screwed his life over because in divorce she'd probably have made out like a bandit.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think you did the right thing.

I'm not sure how else you could have handled it, but you shouldn't have to take it when a friend or a friend's partner is being cheated on. If it bothers you, then you have a right to speak up.

If that guy committed his life to a cheater, and didn't know about it, that's just terrible. Not to mention, what would happen if one of those guys said something later? The relationship wouldn't have worked anyways, since the girl didn't really care about the guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes you did the right thing.

Crushing a cheating bitches spirit and well being should be on every guys bucket list.

The **** saying no will probably cheat one day or already has nd doesn't Want to be a hyprocrite.

0|4
    0|0
    • I guarantee you that is why she didn't approve of the QA's actions.

• True Bro Code in action there bud. Congrats on saving a fellow Bro from being married to a woman who was unfaithful.

1|4
    0|0
  • I tend to not get involved in other people's affairs(no pun intended)

Only because, in your situation, it's going to come down t him trusting a fake Facebook account or the girl he loves and trusts (falsely f course) Ses just gonna say something like "baby who are you going to believe, me or some fake Facebook?"

0|0
    0|0
    • I already told him and he asked her about it armed with information he was obviously made aware of by someone with intimate knowledge of what was going on. She admitted that she was cheating for a while and with many men. He dumped her.

• You did the right thing. I hope the bitch gets dropped and everyone knows she's a cheating slut and gets treated as such.

0|2
    0|0
  • Good for you I'm proud of you. You did the right thing what a dirty slut that girl was that's unheard of.

0|3
    0|0
  • I feel it was the right thing to do...poor guy probably would've never known otherwise. :-/

1|1
    0|0
  • F*** no you did the right thing, she deserved it.

0|3
    0|0
    • But then, I met her fiance and he seemed like a really nice, trusting and chill guy. After reading this I knew you did the right thing. This is what pisses me off a girl finds a nice guy and what does she do? She cheats on him and females have the nerve to say they want nice guys lmfao.

• I wouldn't go as far as to generalize an entire gender based on what some slags do. But yes, those women that do this are quite repugnant people.

• Hero!

1|4
    1|0
    • You f***ing hero. Damn right you did the right thing.

• You did the right thing! You saved that guy lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Look you stuck your nose into someone else's business, normally not OK. If there were a "moral" fine for doing that, id gladly pay it for you. Her sh*tty behavior pales what ever you might be guilty of here.

That being said, good for you. Your conscious couldn't stand by while one human being "aggressively" hurt someone else like that. You pretty much saved this person an even worse heart break. He probably wouldn't have noticed till one of his kids came out as some other ethnicity or something. Take this to heart, they're tons of people like this out there. Learn how to spot this character and avoid at all cost. I bet you she doesn't even think she did anything that wrong. You get a free e-beer Bro. cheers

1|0
    0|0
  • What did you say to him and what kind of proof did you have? It's not easy to make someone who doesn't even know you believe that their fiance has been cheating on them. I think you did the right thing. I've been cheated on before and everyone that knew decided not to tell me until after we broke up. I was obviously furious with them that they wouldn't tell me believing that it was none of their business. If someone would have told me I'd probably would've wanted to take them out to dinner from saving me from a cheater. Especially if I was getting married to this woman. You, in my own opinion, did the perfect thing.

2|2
    0|0
    • Thanks for the vote of confidence. I knew that I would have to give him some decent proof while keeping my identity concealed. So what I did was take numerous screenshots of her fb pages in which she was going on trips with her lover. She had her profile such that he would not be able to see that. Then I gave him a huge list of people that know first hand about their cheating along with their Facebook contacts. I didn't have anything ironclad like video evidence.

• After sending him multiple pictures and fb posts that they sent to each other, I told him that the only way for him to know for sure was to confront her about it point blank with all the information he has and accuse her. Basically say that he knows what has been going on. I knew that he might p**** out so I cc'ed the message to his closest friends. Amazing what you can find out on fb. Initially, he was not happy about me sending the info to his friends, but he came later and thanked me.

• Yeah, sometimes at the moment people may be upset but after some time when they get to clear their heads they come to realize that even though they were mad at first, that they appreciate and are thankful for doing so. Sometimes it happens quickly sometimes it takes a while. You see it all the time. Most notable is when parents tell kids how to behave and the kid may not like it, but as they get older they start to appreciate it. Finding out that your fiance is cheating.. man that's a tough one.

• You did the right thing. Rest easy my friend, you have retained your honor.

1|3
    0|0
  • Is she really upset about the break up?

I don't know really part off me says it's not your place and then I think I would want to know if my girlfriend was cheating on me like that, then I could ask/talk to her about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • No. The crazy thing is that she seems to not care at all. Looks like maybe I did them both a favour. The only person who feels bad about this is me! hahaa

• I think you did the right thing. But man--it sounds like she must've been a pretty great lay. Was she hot?

1|1
    0|0
    • hahaha. Nah, actually she wasn't hot at all. She had a decent body but her face was unattractive as can be. There's a saying polish that applies to her very well, "from behind high school, from the front museum". Although I'm sure she was a good lay.

• Show All
    • aaahahaha! Well-drained balls! She had her own place but she slept over at his place almost every night and kept the housemates awake with her screaming.

• Damn! Lucky guy! now if only she were hot.

Recommended myTakes