Classmate was cheating on her fiancé. I made a fake account and told him. Did I make a huge mistake?

Long story short: My classmate has been sleeping around with as many as 8 different guys and she sleeps over at one guys house every night for the past 8 months while away at school. Everyone knows what's going on and we hear her screaming while having sex pretty much every night.

At first, I thought nothing of it and considered it not my business. But then, I met her fiance and he seemed like a really nice, trusting and chill guy. So it started to play on my head. Eventually, they started wedding plans and she was going out to buy a dress. She put it all up on fb. I couldn't take it anyone and made a fake fb account and told him everything along with whatever proof I had. In addition, I sent the same info to all his best friends (4-5 of them) so that he wouldn't quietly slip into denial.

He broke up with her shortly after. I'm not sure if I did the right thing.

• Yes, I would have done the same
    Vote A
  • No. It was none of your business
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*anymore
Thanks for all the positive feedback, folks. I must say that not a single person in my school knows that I did it. Well, except my g/f. The reason is that pretty much all her friends accepted the guys she was cheating with as her "school b/f" or whatever. It really surprised me that her friends could stick with her on this rather than counsel her to do the right thing. It's like she stole candy from a shop. She was leading a double life and deceiving the man she was going to marry. I don't get it
*It's NOT like she stole candy from a shop.
So here's how unfolded. He asked her about it armed with information he was obviously made aware of by someone with intimate knowledge of what was going on (me). She admitted that she was cheating for a while and with many men. He dumped her.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• You are a good person. It shows your sincere and thoughtful. You did exceptionally well and do not let anyone else tell you differently.

1|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I think you did the right thing, somebody had to tell him. Obviously, she wasn't going to.

And, if having a engagment ring on her finger didn't keep her faithful, a wedding ring certainly isn't

going to keep her be faithful. You saved him from marrying a women who (apparently)

likes to have her cake and eat it too. You know, have her main man, but have her play

toys (other men) on the side. Nobody, should enter marriage like that. Plus, no man

wants to know that the woman who was suppose to love him, that he trusted and thought was

faithful, has just been playing him for a big fool. So, it's better he find out before they got

married than after, he really would felt like fool (especially, if she would have became pregnant

and the baby wasn't his. That's definitely a possibility).

Anyway, don't stress. You deserve a pat on the back for what you did, it was the right thing

to do. He can now find someone who ACTUALLY loves him and she can seek comfort in one

of her many play things. You did the right thing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

0|3
    0|0
    • I'm so glad that girls and guys are both in agreement about the appropriate course of action that should have been and was taken.

• I think you did. I'd probably want to do the same thing; I can't stand cheaters and she was so open about it. I know people always say to not get involved and to a certain extent you shouldn't, but when it comes to a couple being engaged, then I think something should've been said. You've saved huge divorce fees. :P

1|3
    0|0
  • I don't know if I would've had the guts to do this but I think you did the right thing. You saved that guy from a lot more heartache, she will just move onto the next guy.

Does she know what you did? And how did she take the break up?

3|3
    0|0
  • Good Job. I personally think you were golden, there are always exceptions to every rule, and this one was an exception. Your intentions were good, and you can't blame yourself for having a conscience. I would have done the same, if anyone thinks its f***ed up, it's even more f***ed up what your classmate did to her fiance, so I wouldn't pay much attention to those telling you otherwise, since you did what you felt was right, which was ultimately right in general for the poor guy.

1|3
    0|0
  • It was the right thing. Even if the guy is a stranger to you, it's always good to try to prevent people from doing something that isn't good for them. They would have probably split when he found out eventually and you prevented a lot of pain for him.

1|4
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 17

• I feel like you did the right thing. People can say that "it's none of your business" 'til they're blue in the face, but the fact is that she made this your business. You were out in a position where you had to do one of two things: tell the guy, or decide to not tell the guy. Each decision carries it's own weight and has it's own consequences.

7|4
    0|0
  • You exposed a whore. However, I think she will screw someone else over anyway. But your conscious told you to go for it. I don't think the girl you exposed will ever become a mature woman but at least a good guy didn't get screwed over.

You stopped her before he screwed his life over because in divorce she'd probably have made out like a bandit.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think you did the right thing.

I'm not sure how else you could have handled it, but you shouldn't have to take it when a friend or a friend's partner is being cheated on. If it bothers you, then you have a right to speak up.

If that guy committed his life to a cheater, and didn't know about it, that's just terrible. Not to mention, what would happen if one of those guys said something later? The relationship wouldn't have worked anyways, since the girl didn't really care about the guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes you did the right thing.

Crushing a cheating bitches spirit and well being should be on every guys bucket list.

The **** saying no will probably cheat one day or already has nd doesn't Want to be a hyprocrite.

0|4
    0|0
    • I guarantee you that is why she didn't approve of the QA's actions.

• True Bro Code in action there bud. Congrats on saving a fellow Bro from being married to a woman who was unfaithful.

1|4
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes