I am so confused about my life right now. What do I do?

So I just graduated from college with my BA in Justice Studies. My whole plan was to graduate take a year off to work, then go to law school. I recently decided that maybe LS isn't for me, I would much rather go back for Social Work. My problem is I am 3 months out of college and I can't find a job! I don't know if I want to try to find a job with a big company and move out of state, or stay in my small town.. I am just confused. I have never lived away from home but I also don't have a ton of friends here. I feel like moving out of the city or state will allow me to start over, on top of the fact that I had 2 bad breakups within 6 months of each other and I am just really confused. I want to move somewhere and get a job but I think a lot about if the place I am moving would allow me to meet a guy I want too. I am just so all over the place. I don't know if I want to go to grad school, ideally I will just find a decent paying job with a great company and work a while then go back when I want but I feel like a failure if I don't go back to school and my family will look at me as a failure if I don't go back.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel ya. I'm in a similar boat. Once I graduated with my BS in Engineering I wanted to find a job - anywhere that wasn't my home state. I ended up living at home for a year and working as a lifeguard while I applied for grad school since NO companies seemed to want to take me. It is super-hard to find a job right now, so I would suggest applying for grad school (you don't have to do LS if that doesn't sound as good to you) both where you are and all over the country - leaving and starting over is scary (I left and just started grad school) but I'm very glad to have done so. Once I get to know people here I'll be a lot happier than I was before.

So, my advice would be to apply to graduate schools for the next Fall semester (they all require applications by December, usually) and try to find a local job just to stay busy and get by until you are able to leave. I do recommend leaving, by the way. Don't stop applying for the job[s] you want, but be aware that they are likely to not hire many people still.

I hope this helped some!