If he is back with his ex, WHY does he contact me at night still?

No we do not "hook up" or anything like that... it is purely conversation and via texts.

This is all speculation and intuition. I know his ex is at least single now. I picked up recently on him not being over her.

Also lately he doesn't talk to me nearly as much as he did and goes to her house (several friends live there) regularly now.

At night he blows up my phone wanting to text and watch something together. The conversation has also become almost entirely about him. Once in a while he'll toss me a crumb and show interest in me, personally. It was not always like this.

Why does he even bother with me? It just keeps roping me back in, getting me back into it with him. I'm trying to break away because even if it has nothing to do with his ex I have noticed that this connection with him has left me with much to be desired. I like him a LOT. But where's it going? Nowhere. And I get upset and feel sad when I know he's around his ex. It's always in a group of people it seems... but I don't know... perhaps they're getting back together.

I feel embarrassed and rejected.

20