Heartbroken, need advice!

Its been 2 months that I broke up with my cheating ex boyfriend, I loved him. His entire family loved me, his mother even wanted us to get married and have a child already, but he cheated on me. I would never in a million years go back with him, but I still think about him, I remember all the great times we had together, all the cute stuff he would do. Worst part of it is that he is doesn't feel sorry for what he did, never apologized. I feel heartbroken. What can I do? I've tried going on dates but everything reminds me of him and what WE would do.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My personal opinion: Don't force yourself on dates. Stay out of it !

The thing that keeps you thinking about him is him not apologizing and you actually try to figure out if he truly loved you AND want him to understand how much he hurt you. I know how it feels.

Have you talked to him afterward or just broke up and left it like that? There are probably things left unsaid... and saying them will probably make you feel better. Try and write him if you don't want to meet with him. Don't be afraid to say what it's to be said.

Hope this helps...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Okay I'll try my best ^_^

here are some steps -

-Accept the fact that you two are no longer together and act in that way. You don't want him/her or his/her friends to say that you're not over that person and you want him/her back

-Don't avoid him/her. It won't help you to get over the breaking up and it could make things worse. You can't avoid a person for years. Just be friendly but ONLY if the other person is open to this idea.

-Don't make frequent eye contact.it may rekindle your memories.

-Don't talk about the break-up to everyone and tell everyone how bad he/she was. Just let it go.

-Don't blame yourself for anything. Just say it didn't work out, it wasn't meant to be...

-Be confident in front of him/her and don't try to make him/her jealous and don't try to pick his/her attention by doing anything stupid.

-Time is the healer of all wounds...It's true, though you have to see that person everyday, it doesn't mean you won't get over him/her. You can do it, just love yourself more and be sure that if it didn't work so he/she is not the right person for you...

-If you and your ex go to school together don't be mean to your ex.

Hope this helps ^_^

good luck :)

1|0
    0|0
  • First step, take him off the high horse, he was not perfect and god dammit he was not gods gift to women. You must realize this, and the second part is to just let it hurt for a bit and then hop out and then deal with the pain while trying to move on with other relationships.

1|1
    0|0
  • all the advice that others have said is pretty good.

As for the POST-getting over him stage? I can only suggest, no implore, you to keep an open mind and open heart. Don't be one of those "I don't trust anyone ever in the entire world because I had a bad experience with one person. My shattered black heart has opened my eyes to harsh realities of the world and I'm the only person I can trust." Or whatever those idiots say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well like all broken hearts there is one remedy that always works and that remedy is called time it could take weeks, months, and maybe even years(worst case scenario) but your young, attractive, well liked it seems and I'm sure somewhere around the corner there's a guy whos been searching for a girl like you.

0|0
    0|1
  • It'snormal to miss someone yo've been with for a long time, no matter what happened to end things.

The only solution is to have new experiences, do new things, meet new people, go new places.

Travel, learn a new subject, go to different parts of town to hang out, try a new gym, and avoid most of the people who are friends with him. This shuldn't be difficult in such a large city.

Consider moving to a different neighborhood if you think it's necessary to remove yourself from an environment that always reminds you of him.

0|1
    0|0
  • well, if you meet a guy that is just as cool or better than him you will easily forget. ITs that the dates you went on were probably not that exciting and so you started thinking about him instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • you gotta work on your inner game it depends on you and not the new people you meet

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• Cry into your pillow and eat chocolate. Just take some time off of dating to fully get over your ex. Jumping into a relationship now to ease your heartbreak will only lead to more heartbreaks. Just forget about that a**hole.

1|0
    0|0
  • its a process my dear. DABDA..Denial then Anger then Bargaining then Depression then finally Acceptance. you can do it. it will make you a better person. focus on being your better self for the better next boyfriend.gudlak

0|0
    0|0
  • U have to tell yourself he isn't worth it afterall he cheated on you. Anyone who cheated isn't worth the tears.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes