How many relationships in one year would you have to have to be considered a slut?

I was online and somebody accused their ex-girlfriend of being a slut because she dated 4 guys in one year.
Updates:
A slut is whatever you want to define it as. Look it up online if you want.
I don't have a definition. I don't really care if a girl is slutty unless she hurts somebody's marriage or thinks that she is allowed to sacrifice wisdom and human decency to achieve her goals. Otherwise if she just likes to sleep with multiple men - what she does is between her and God.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about sluts, but my general definitions are as followed:

She has ever taken sex for money

She has ever had a one night stand

Your example is perfect, if she was sexually active more than 2 guys a year is slutty

Basically any girl you have seen Barny with in How I met you mother, or Russel with in Rules of Engagement.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It's not the number, but how she goes about it. "Dating" multiple guys at once for example when she is "serious" with a guy or two is slutty. But if she's upfront on not wanting things to be serious she can date as many guys as she wants. It's when the girl is deceptive and underhanded and leading guys on with no intent to go further that she gets called a slut.

Hell I would prefer a girl who slept around with a bunch of guys much more compared to the girls who "date" guys and run off when the guy wants something more.

Honestly, nowadays, "slut" is just a form of name calling that guys use when they don't like a girl. It's like calling someone an a**hole.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't come to the conclusion that she's a slut based off that little information. I don't know the whole story, but maybe the first 3 guys weren't right for her and then the 4th one was a good math who knows.

I think a slut is more about the attitude than the quantity of partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the girl f***ed 4 different guys in one year, then I think she could be considered a slut. Dating 4 guys? No. You could date 4 different guys in one month and not be a slut. I guess it could depend on what one considered to be dating? Is dating going on a date to see if the other is compatible, or is dating when you are officially boyfriend and girlfriend? I consider dating whenever you go out with someone to see if you're compatible. It could be a one time thing, but I would still say I dated this one girl that I only saw once. We dated for a day, I didn't like her or she didn't like me and that was that. Or, I was dating a girl for several months, but I never asked her out and she never asked me out. We just dated exclusively for several months before calling it quits, but she was never my girlfriend. If this is the definition of dating then you can date as many people as you want within a year and not be a slut. Now, if their was sex involved and the person dated the other person just to have sex with them. Then yes, I would say that this person is a slut.

From what little you are telling us. I can't see how in the world he came to the conclusion that she's a slut. That doesn't mean she's not a slut, but I will say that she's not a slut based on the little information that I know.

0|0
    0|0
    • there* damn, I hate using the wrong "their".

• there we go again with the stupid questions. date whoever, and whenever you feel like dating. You only live once

Slut by definition is someone who has sex with multiple people, you area already a slut.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree the ex-gf you mention is a slut.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• That's kind of ridiculous of him to say. Having a lot of sex with a lot of different partners is what makes someone slutty - not the number of relationships a girl has in a year. He sounds like a typical jealous ex-boyfriend who feels better about himself by putting others down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I base it more on how long you know a guy before you sleep with them. Not that I really care about other girls being sluts, but that's my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she's honestly dating and looking to be with someone who she enjoys being with and who cares about her, then having four boyfriends in a year shouldn't mark her as a slut.

I don't know exactly how I would define what slutty behavior but when I think about the word slut, the word "relationship" does not come to mind. So I guess it would depend on what her motives were and such... anyways it's not anyone else's business really, people judge other people way too much when it comes to sexual preference and activity and everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • whats a slut?

0|0
    0|0
    • i don't use3 it. I don't thunk the term is legit orcoherent. its no ones business how many people someone dates or fcks or looks at, if she's not honest about it then she's a liar not a slut.

i was asking you how YOU define it. you're using the term so yo must have an idea as to what you think personally. for ex. if someone saui they dumped their ex because she was a purpluoe. you probably wouldn't be on here asking us about it because ud have no idea what it was. you know what you what you think a slut is.

• I don't think a woman is a slut if she sleep with a bunch of guys frequently. If a man can do it, a woman can do it. The word slut needs to be erased from society. Or if we are going to use it, then a man that sleeps around a lot should be looked down upon too.

and before anyone assumes I'm saying this because I sleep around a lot, I'm actually a virgin lol so my opinion isn't biased.

I think the person who called his ex a slut is just bitter that she's moved on and he can't get anyone. He needs to grow up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mm...I think 'slut' is a term more for like...low sexual morals. Not dating.

So I guess it depends. Simply dating quite a few people within a year doesn't make someone a 'slut'. Who knows what the circumstances were.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes