Meeting ex after 3 years. Need advice on a suitable present

Hello, I am meeting my ex after 3 long years.

When we broke up, she moved out of the city for a job. Now, she has returned back. We have been in touch via phone for the last month or so.

But the breakup was really bitter and we had no contact what-so-ever for the next 3 years. But now we seem to be getting along really well.

So, I was wondering what kind of gift would be suitable for the occasion. I'm looking at something really subtle, something that says "I am glad you are back in my life. Let's forget the bitterness and move ahead".

I know that's maybe a lot to ask from a simple gift, but if there's anything that comes close to what I wanna portray, I'll be glad to know.

Thanks
Hey all!

Thanks for your comments.

Job commitments forced me to be away for a long time, but now I'm back.

Okay, back to the topic. As correctly suggested, I did not get her anything. The meeting was good. We had dinner, spoke for quite a while and overall had a good time.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey, I'm in a situation where my boyfriend had told me we need to go on a 'break' we've been fighting quite a lot but still love each other to bits. I think he's stressed & he says he needs some space and time and that would be best. (We've been talking about getting married for 3 years now) and just before we went off for our break, he said he still hopes he can have a future with me, that we can get married & do all th things we wanted to do, but when the time is right. And right now he doesn't want to get in the way of my life (education/work) so yh, he then said, I made a commitment with you & I will continue to keep it. So I kno this doesn't answer your question, but I'd just like to know, since we ended on a good note and he still wants a future (but we're going on no contact for the next few years) do you think we have a chance? He really will be ready in a few years? He's a 'no love before marriage/religious' sort of guy, so taking that into account do you think he will love me in few years? He will come back? He didn't say he was done forever, he said he was done for now.