Is divorce painful? .

What is painful about it? .

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One could still be attached. Just because it's a divorce doesn't mean both are particularly happy about it. If they have kids, it will be difficult for them as well as the parents for having to give them up for certain periods of time. And of course, if you're a guy, you will be f***ed over by the courts, so there's that.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• At one point you stood up in front of God and your friends and family and proclaimed that you loved the other person above all other people in the world. And that disintegrated into a mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • only for the person who doesn't want the divorce, and whoever had more things/money going into it is going to have considerably less coming out of it, paying alimony if there's children involved. not being able to see your kids everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose it hurts if she takes half your stuff just because she wants to stick it to you. But no happy marriage ends in divorce, so other than the asset stuff I'd say it's cause for celebration

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Really you think ending the fact that you thought you were gonna spend the rest of your life with someone is not painful. Apparently you have never broken up with anyone you loved, or at least did once. And if you have imagine the connection 10x deeper. Now go there and that's what it's like.

0|0
    2|0
    • What the hell? I asked a f***ing question

• Show All
    • Yes you wanted opinions. And I gave mine. But I am the one that is verbally insulting random people. Interesting how that's not embarrassing to one's self.

• I'm embarrassed for you to be honest. I didn't "verbally insult you" like chill the f*** out

I never said divorce wasn't painful. Like I'd be embarrassed if I were in your position. Moving on

• You forged a very special, intimate connection with someone, pledged to be together for the rest of your lives, and then ran it all into the ground. Divorce is the relationship coup de gras; it means that someone who used to mean everything to you is leaving you. That's a pretty drastic lifestyle change and a painful reminder.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ending close, intimate relationships does cause withdrawal symptoms in the human brain.

0|0
    0|0
    • If they were close and intimate why would they get divorced?

• Something went wrong. Or was wrong from the start. Humans like familiarity, even when it's an unhappy one. Also, people mourn what "could have" been in their relationship if they'd both been different in some way.

Recommended myTakes