Cheating or not? My girlfriend is bi and has a girlfriend.

Just got out of a pretty rough 2 year relationship and I met another girl and we dated for about 2 months and I caught a lot of feelings for her in a short period because we had so much chemistry right off the bat and we clicked so well and never came close to fighting. It is weird to say but I fell way harder for this girl than my ex because of like how well we clicked. Well it eventually came out that she was Bi through a complicated scenario (which involved our first argument) and I let her know that it was completely fine to be Bi although I would feel like it was cheating if she hooked up with the girl that I found out she was talking to (which she did several days later) and another argument erupted. She soon started hanging out with me less and her a lot more lost interest in our long talks and everything in our relationship pretty much changed I kind of got put 2nd pretty much. We have recently broke up because of how much of a strain it put on the relationship and how much we fought. But now I just feel like a controlling douche who handled everything improperly and I still have a lot of feelings for her. Here of late it seems like some days she tries really hard to get me back and others she doesn't care she still texts me from time to time and I always message her back. My question is, is this all my fault? Is there any way I can get this girl back? If so what do I have to do? This whole relationship has blown my mind and I always thought I was a pretty open minded person but until you are in the situation everything changes. I am still crazy about this girl.Sorry this is so long I just need advice on what to do from here. Thank you so much and have a great day!

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're anywhere near a controlling douche. You sound like a good person, but you're letting her walk all over you. Does she think this is a polyamorous relationship or something? She can't be your girlfriend and have a girlfriend of her own. She's cheated, which is an automatic reason to break up in my book, but you're nicer than me and tried to stay and work it out. Even then she was putting you second.

Honestly, you don't need this girl in your life. She's just going to continue to disrespect your boundaries. I know you're crazy about her, but she's not good for you and if she cared for you as much as you care for her then she never would've cheated. Stay broken-up, move on, and find someone better. Tell this girl it's over and stop responding to her. You'll be much happier.

• That's exactly what I need to do. I don't know I would still like to remain friends with her and hangout sometimes but not be in a relationship for a very long time but I highly doubt that will work. You are probably right I just need to put this all past me I guess I give people to much benefit of a doubt and it bites me.

• Yeah, I think getting distance and space would be good. It's just too messy otherwise. Some people take advantage when you're good to them, and that sucks. Give it time and move on and you'll be alright though. Good luck to you.