Would you let your boyfriend move into your place?

If you had your own place and you just met this boy that just swept you off your feet the moment you met him and has made you feel like no one else has ever made you feel, would you let him move into your place even though you have only known him for about a month?
Updates:
He would be asking to move in because it would help him with his financial problems

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Under most circumstances . . . no. However, I had only known my fiance for 4 months and we had only been officially BF/GF for 2 months when I took out a personal loan to buy us a trailer to live in. He was losing his place to live and I was living with the folks at the time. It seemed like the right move, even though I was putting a lot of faith in him to take out that loan, for how long I had known him. That's just sort of our style though, he asked me to marry him at the 8 month mark. We've now been engaged for 2 years and wedding planning for next September. Sometimes you just know it's right. He's the only guy I've dated that I thought I would marry, and I've had two other LTR's. So, in most cases I would advise no, but there are exceptions :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• No way in hell. Especially not if he wanted to move in because of financial problems. That's a good way to get yourself stuck in a bad relationship. I would never move in with a guy unless we'd been together awhile and wanted to live together for more than just financial reasons. He can find a roommate to split the bills with instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. I need to know someone for more than a month before making them my roommate. Besides, I don't plan to live with a man until we're married (MAYBE engaged).

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, I would still want to get to know him better, spend more time with him, but perhaps he could sleep at my place occasionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • hell no!

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
  • NO

1|0
    0|0
  • Uh, no

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• it's a bad move. consider if your sister or close female friend had known a guy for a month and the guy suggested to your sister or friend that they move in together...what would be your reaction?

I suppose there are extenuating circumstances but I'd say in about 99.9% of cases a one month relationship is simply too early to be living with a person. there is no way to know enough about them and your compatibility let alone long term prospects in a month

0|0
    0|0
    • blah blah blah you worry to much, I would just been asking her if I can move in what's so bad about that? She saying no I don't know you enough?

• you asked my opinion. I don't worry at all about your situation or care what you do. You are right you can ask and it is up her to say yes or no...you nailed it... you asked for OUR opinions. just because mine doesn't fit what you wanted to hear doesn't mean you need to act defensively

• lol no not at all, I'm not being defensive I have nothing to defend it was just a hypothetical question because I don't have a gf

• If you both are in love it shouldn't be a problem xD

0|0
    1|0
  • That would be an extremely stupid move.

1|0
    0|0
    • @Update : It would make me feel used, if my girlfriend of one month told me that. Seriously.

• yeah at first I would actually be using her but isn't your significant other suppose to help you on rough times? + it could be exciting

Recommended myTakes