Why does ex keep trying to meet up?

We broke up 3 years ago. I have no feelings left for him. A couple of months ago he would text me every few weeks just to catch up. He told me his girlfriend broke up with him because he is bad at relationships. He has been some inappropriate things (sexual ones) since then. I agreed to meet him about a month ago because he kept asking me. But he said he ended up having a meeting with an investor for his company, and basically stood me up. Since then...he texted me again today, asking if he could drop by to say hi.

What are his intentions? Does he just want to be friends? I noticed him and girlfriend have a pic together just last month...so not even sure if they're broken up. Why try so hard to meet up? Then stand me up? But still try again? Why do guys do this?

11