Ex in relationship now...should I stop contacting her?

Found out over the weekend she's in a new relationship - she broke it off and said she still wanted to stay friends -

We did connect deeply, but I was an a**hole and pushed her away bcs I was scared to commit.

We were friends in high school but hadn't seen each other in like 15 years.

I've texted maybe 3 times in the past month, nothing stalker/needy just to tell her I'm doing great and hope she's great - and none since I found out she's in a relationship.

Should I just stop trying to call her/text her?

f***... I've been married before and in a long term relationship, but really connected with this one and f***ed it up...

Most Helpful Guy

• I spit up with my wife, we got back together for 3 more years. We wound up splitting again anyhow.

I would like to have had those three years back so I could have done something else with my life.

If something has run its course, let it go - its so much better than holding on to a sinking ship. I had to learn that the hard way. You still have the choice to not deal with it and embrace the opportunity that change always represents.

Yes, I think you should stop contact. The sooner you do, the sooner you can get on with that awesome new life that's just around the corner.

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should distance yourself.

Contact her once a month, allow her to contact you as well.

If she does not then you know she's moving completely on from you.

What Guys Said 1

• as per the bro code I think you shouldn't if you have intentions of trying to steal her away unless she's just his smash piece or something

if your just being friendly then I don't think there is any real problem