Please help me make sense of this break up?

He was sick of my health problems but said he hadn't given up, I said I was worried I was going to lose him. He said I wouldn't. Weeks later we had a big talk and he ended up saying he either wants a break or to break up. I was hysterical and he ended up saying lets try. He spoke to a friend at work who changed his mind and still gave him hope in our relationship. We talked about travelling and moving out and then we had a fight because I saw a conversation he was having with a girl and part of the convo was deleted. He had done this before. I got mad and we had a big fight and he started ignoring me and I went to go to sleep and turned over and noticed he was still msging her. I got really mad and started calling him names. The next day he said he wanted a break or to break up, again. Then he left to go stay at someone elses house, he called me the next day and broke up with me. He said his heart wasn't in it anymore and I said but you said you loved me and he said I do but I don't want to be with you anymore. He had said he wasn't happy for a long time, yet the week before we were fine..I wondered if it had something to do with a girl he had met at a hike he went too and I asked and he said no.

I've been hysterical over it all. Yet he had msgd me asking if I'm alright, asking if a family member in hospital was going okay. Then I updated my status saying All I want is cuddles and then he messaged me saying you should go hug your cat(he had said this when we were together and when he wasn't home in the past as well) and I didn't know what to say back to him so I just replied saying "lol". He didn't say anything after that. Then I noticed he deleted me off Facebook. How can you message me and then be all okay with me and then delete me the next day?I'm so hurt and confused. He is meant to come over tomorrow to pick up his stuff too, I thought a bout having a talk with him about us..but is that a bad idea?How can I get him back?I know that if a few things changed in our relationship, that we would be fine, that's why it hurts even more..

17

Most Helpful Guy

• the fact of the matter is he was trying to stay in a relationship he wasn't happy in. on one hand that's admirable that he wasn't just giving up. on the other hand, as you mentioned, it's rather underhanded because while saying he loves you and wants to stay with you, mentally he has already checked... thus he was texting other girls, thus the constant talk of break up or go on break, thus the fights, etc.

i don't think you need to even bother trying to get back together with him. you need to focus on yourself and moving forward.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE