Bf just broke up with me and we have a baby together, any ideas?

Hi,

My boyfriend and father of my baby broke up with me a few days ago. The reason why, he says is because he feels like we don't love each other and he's been battling anxiety, depression, insomnia, alcoholism and drug issues the past several months because of his job. he's a chef so he works 12-15 hours a day and hardly has time to see us. I agree that we put our relationship on the back burner because we put our daughter first and his work makes it difficult to even have a relationship. I've tried to convince him to quit his job and get help even if that means we won't have much, his life will be so much better. He says he wants to work til the end of the year which is in 3 more months then quit because we planned to move overseas in January as a family. I keep telling him he needs to quit now and work out his issues but he keeps putting it off. Now he just wants to break up and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. especially because we have a baby together. I love him very much and believe the reason he's breaking up because he's over stressed. He always texts me to ask how we are doing and I just say were OK. Should I just ignore his texts? I don't know how to cope knowing I am a single parent just in a blink of an eye. I feel so sick. I know he's got issues to deal with himself but to break up our family.. I really didn't see this coming

i was told he's getting help for his issues now. should I send words of support to him or just leave him alone

I just want my family back. Somebody please help me

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a lawyer and make sure he pays for his child. You can't make someone love you. If he doesn't want the responsibility of a family there's nothing you can do. I don't know if you should talk to him if he ran away then he obviously wants to be alone. And I wouldn't be so concerned about the job as I would about the drug and alcohol abuse. He really shouldn't be around a child with those problems. You should go to a woman's support group and learn to live on your own and take care of your child.